OK, I've copied over the known issues from the last update. They will be removed from the list or labeled as "fixed" if verified as fixed (although it is believed that this release is only laying groundwork for future stability, so probably none of these will be able to be removed). Not sure which is better (removal or labeling). Any thoughts?
- Periodic freezes (no response to remote or front panel, miss scheduled recordings) requiring reset (in worst cases, should be fixed by a destructive, complete reset).
- Sometimes fails to record when it should.
- Deletion of wrong show when deleted from MyVod list
- Shows deleted during playback if KAM is exceeded
- 1st part of show lost if you reset or have a power loss. Note: this also happens on a completed recording if it happens to still be in the live buffer
- Acting like there's only one tuner, fixed by reset.
- Unplayable recording (attempting to play it reverts to live TV). At least once a reset resulted in deleting the recording.
- Limits. Limits. Limits.
- The black screen freeze during playback that doesn't require a reset but does require the Prev/Prev or Pause/Play or ??? to restart
- Loss of transport controls (FF, RW, etc.) requiring reset.
- Some keyword searches have been known to freeze the box (e.g. "SE", "HER") requiring reset.
- Spontaneously changes channel.
- History is worthless (no reason for why something was "cancelled", shouldn't waste space on things "recorded"--wait until they're "deleted" to notate them in history, etc.)
- Inability to setup SLs on multiple channels.
- Can't distinguish between first-run and repeats
- Inconsistant conflict resolution.
- For some people, caller ID just doesn't work.
- Search problems: initial article (a, an, the), punctuation (MI-5), only searches phrases, etc.
- Channels I receive not right (so autorecord find records unsubscribed channels)
- Control bar freezes and does not mark where you are in a program, resulting in returning to the wrong place in a program if you stop viewing
- Pressing "record" during live TV doesn't always capture buffer (instead begins recording from that point). Verification needed
- Periodic false "unknown number" caller ID notification.
- Parodoxical messages ("this episode was/will be recorded" on details for episodes that weren't/won't be recorded").
- Loss of guide data on reset or power outage.
- Overall slowness with lots of SLs and/or lots of recordings.
- No audible or visual feedback for operations that sometimes take a long time.
- Searching for Signal Message while watching a recorded program.
- Items improperly grouped in MyVod
- UI inconsistencies (no mark and delete in to do list, record button doesn't work everywhere to schedule a recording, etc.)
- No original air date
- Watching an in-progress recording from MyVOD: it just continues on into the live buffer at the end of the recording (doesn't ask about deleting the recording).
- Jump back inconsistent (not always six seconds). Possibly fixed (four seconds).
- Sometimes get Guided Setup on reset.
- Playback is jumpy following jump back.
- Status bar really screwy for some recordings (e.g. a 30 minute show looks like a 20 hour recording, but you're only allowed to watch from 19:30 to 20:00).