DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my new HR20 installed next monday and I am very excited despite all the bad talk I read on here about it... My question is this... can someone sum up the current common issues with the box? I don't mean the ones that are kinda random, but the ones that everyone seems to be having. This way, I know what to be expecting.... Thanks!

oh... and please... don't unload on me all your complaints in detail. I've read enough of that on here already

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
I'll take a stab .....

* No OTA tuners yet
* Sometimes cannot play back recordings. Just get black video, no audio.
* Sometimes playback will "hang" a minute or so into a recording, but you can FF and playback will continue fine.
* Caller ID is flakey.
* Some combinations of TV HDMI inputs and HR20 HDMI output don't play well together

Review the "issues thread" at the top of this forum for more details. And realize that some folks have had very few problems.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
["I don't mean the ones that are kinda random, but the ones that everyone seems to be having. "

There are no problems that "everyone" is having. Some have had none at all.

I had had to reset the box 3 times in 2 weeks when it became totally unresponsive. But no lost recordings or other issues.

·
Legend
189 Posts
litzdog911 said:
I'll take a stab .....

* No OTA tuners yet
* Sometimes playback will "hang" a minute or so into a recording, but you can FF and playback will continue fine.
* Caller ID is flakey.
* Some combinations of TV HDMI inputs and HR20 HDMI output don't play well together

Review the "issues thread" at the top of this forum for more details. And realize that some folks have had very few problems.
My husband is home waiting for the tech to arrive for our HR20 install so, I appreciate this information. We currently have 2 HR10's, so I hope we don't hate this thing:nono2:.

Locals via SAT will be nice though......it just better not miss any recordings!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
litzdog911 said:
I'll take a stab .....

* No OTA tuners yet
* Caller ID is flakey.

After a little over two weeks, I got my 2nd minor problem:

I have no MPEG-4/HD Locals. I recorded Mosaic last night and got the "early" freeze, immediately hit FF and it took right off. I'll be checking a 2nd recording in a half hour or so. This is new to me since 0xd8 (most recent).

* I had one black screen no record after resolving a recording conflict. It didn't work, and I got no recording, (it looked like I did). This happened one time and did not recurr.

I don't have caller ID enabled.

* I want OTA so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.