DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Mentor
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Today about getting my dish realigned on a new pole and possibly upgradeing to a Genie.
A tech had left a new pole last year for me to install 2 feet to the left of the existing pole due to low signal strength because of a tree. I have the protection plan. the tech told me to call him when I got the pole in and he would come back out. He is no longer working for DTV.
So when I called in to Protection plan they said it would be $49 because it was a relocation. I explained the situation and they would not budge. so I told them to cancel. They switched me to cancellation and they said they would credit the charge. I told them it should be covered under my protection plan as a realignment. She told me that realignments as of today were not covered under the protection plan.
then I asked about upgrading to a Genie.
She said with my current 3 DVR's that the Genie wouldn't show programs from the other DVR's or visversa. I would have to go with the clients which woiuld give me less recording. Basicly she was trying to talk me out of using a Genie.
I don't think she was correct on either item
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
170 Posts
Heres what I can confirm the Protection plan covers in your situation.

Relocation due to Line of sight issues and unlimited realigments as needed.

The HR34 will see and share to the HR24's and vise versa with out issues. it's the C31's that are not able to access the HR24's at this time.

I guess the PP agent didn't understand it was due to LOS issue not for your personal preferance.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
256 Posts
otaliema said:
The HR34 will see and share to the HR24's and vise versa with out issues. it's the C31's that are not able to access the HR24's at this time.
Curious as I have an install on Sunday. I will have the HR34, 2 HR22's and 2 clients. Will the clients not see the HR22's?
 

· Legend
Joined
·
256 Posts
say-what said:
At this time, no.
Well that is a bummer. Will have to rethink my order and possibly cancel. Seems like a bit of a step back to the whole home capabilities I have now.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,670 Posts
From the C31 1st look thread, Stewart's answer is:
Stuart Sweet said:
I don't believe this is currently true but it will be in the future. I'm sorry but I have no other information to give.
Looking at the last few entries in the RVU/C31 issue thread, it looks like that functionality arrived with the latest updates. So, I spoke too soon when I said not yet. Didin't realize it was being pushed with the latest software updates.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
783 Posts
why can't you just order the Genie and when the tech come ask for a realignment? when i had mine 34 installed the tech automatically did a dish realignment without me asking, and now my dish work even better, i would never thought of asking for dish realignment that day, but i knew i needed one but he did he as part of the installed
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lacubs said:
why can't you just order the Genie and when the tech come ask for a realignment? when i had mine 34 installed the tech automatically did a dish realignment without me asking, and now my dish work even better, i would never thought of asking for dish realignment that day, but i knew i needed one but he did he as part of the installed
could have done it that way but the rep was spending all her time trying to convince me the Genie wouldn't work with my system. Would not even give me a price for the upgrade.
I just called back to try again and was given a price of $299 plus $49 install
No better deal for a customer they have had since the very beginning.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
783 Posts
bruceko said:
could have done it that way but the rep was spending all her time trying to convince me the Genie wouldn't work with my system. Would not even give me a price for the upgrade.
I just called back to try again and was given a price of $299 plus $49 install
No better deal for a customer they have had since the very beginning.
$299.99 + $49 isn't bad to me! i paid $399 + $99 a internet part that is useless and been i customer for like 15yrs and i was pain in butt for 2yrs but no deal me either
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top