DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Dish Network customer service workers mess around with the customer's account when we complaint or address a question to them?

I have not been getting my Dish Network bill for 3 months in the mail. I called Dish Network and the person told me I told (Dish) not to send me any monthly bill.

Wait a minute!!!

I never told them or call (Dish) to authorize any of this. It must be Dish Network error. And, no one has access to my account except for me.

When they fixed the error, I remember having a problem with Dish back in August. The problem was Dish mess up my account continiously billing me for channels I never ordered. Then, I never received any bill after the problem.

What upsets me is they claim I told them not to send me any bill. Never said that!!!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,546 Posts
I had a similar problem with them about a year and a half ago. Had the top package for the longest time. Money got tight around here for a month or two so I called dish and had them change my package to a cheaper one. Or so I thought.

I didn't get my bill the following week as I normally did. I thought this was normal with the account change, so I didn't pay it any attention and forgot about it. 3 weeks after that, they cancelled my service. I called them to see what's up and they told me that they showed in the computer that I changed my address and they sent it to the new address. I tried to tell them that I had lived in the same house for 10 years and that I had called to changed my package, not my address. They basically said it was my problem and I'd still have to pay the reconnect fee on top of the amount of the bill. So I paid the bill, but terminated my service and went with Dtv instead.

A few weeks later, Dish called and basically begged me to come back (after I shipped back the receivers and was already watching dtv), and said they would wave the reconnect fee and give me credits and so forth. I told them I wasn't trying to get something for nothing, I just wanted them to fix what they screwed up and it was too late now.

·
4 Posts
directdish said:
Does the Dish Network customer service workers mess around with the customer's account when we complaint or address a question to them?

I have not been getting my Dish Network bill for 3 months in the mail. I called Dish Network and the person told me I told (Dish) not to send me any monthly bill.

Wait a minute!!!

I never told them or call (Dish) to authorize any of this. It must be Dish Network error. And, no one has access to my account except for me.

When they fixed the error, I remember having a problem with Dish back in August. The problem was Dish mess up my account continiously billing me for channels I never ordered. Then, I never received any bill after the problem.

What upsets me is they claim I told them not to send me any bill. Never said that!!!
i can't speak as to what happened with the csr that you spoke with when you started having problems, but i can assure you that AS a tsr for dish, i would NEVER make changes to someone's account without their consent. the possiblity of losing my job if that call were monitored far outweighs any satisfaction i would ever get from screwing with anyone's account (even if they directed their anger and/or complaining at me personally) :rolleyes:

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Welcome, heather_73! :welcome_s It's good to have you on the board.

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
This probably happened because of some MISCOMMUNICATION between you and the CSR...sometimes english doesnt translate to Indian!...and yes...that does tic me off that my CSR "john" sounds like he is kin to Apu.

·
Icon
522 Posts
OK.

I give up.

Whatsa TSR?

Fortunately, this seems to be a unique problem--not Dish denying responsibility for their actions, or getting "rediculous" answers from them, but not sending a bill to you.

Bob

PS: If you want worse customer service, sign up for DSL service with QWest. Some of their sales people will outright lie to you to get you to sign up with a two year commitment to their DSL service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.