DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get even more frustrated with Dishnet, I was wondering if anyone has a method of escalating installation scheduling problems. Is there a customer relations number or contact method?

I have been getting the run-around with the phone support, even to the point where a supervisor has given me a phony name and number for his manager. It is a long story that I am too mad to write about now without using many profane comments, so I will see if I can cool down and tell the story later. Suffice it to say that their attention to customer satisfaction is not very good at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Send an e-mail to this address:

[email protected]

Carefully expain your problem and leave your name and phone number. Don't be surprised if they call you. Just be forceful and request a quick reply. Their job is to handle elevated issues.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Welcome to DBSTalk JRichards. :hi:

[email protected]

Maybe someone here could supply you with some email addys to try. Sorry to here your having troubles.

Guess we posted at the sametime. :lol:

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Oh and one other thing. Post your problem here. Echostar reads this forum and the more exposure you get, the faster your problem will get noticed and hopefully fixed.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your tips. Here is the email I sent:

I am hoping that you can help me resolve an issue I am having with the scheduling of a Dishnet installation since I have moved to a new address. I have already tried to get some help from the installation team but simply put, I have gotten the run-around.

The issue is that I was not told that I needed "written" authorization from my landlord to install the dish until the installer had showed up. I was not told that when I scheduled the installation two weeks earlier, nor did I receive a confirmation call before the scheduled date. I was only told that I needed to verify with the manager on what the restrictions were, which I did. In fact I had to change what apartment I was planned to move into since he recommended a better location to point the dish from. If I knew I needed written approval I would certainly have gotten it as I talked to the manager at least twice about the restrictions.

The installer arrived at 11:00am Sunday and informed that that he could not do the install until he talked with the manager. Then he said that he needed written permission that it was OK to have a dish installed. Even after I told him the restrictions, as the manager had told me, and I pointed to at least 10 other dishes in view from my balcony, he would not install the dish. He did say that he would try and come back when I have the written permission. I did get the written permission at noon on Sunday when the office opened. When I called the support line I was told that the earliest available weekend date is June 1st, and the earliest week day is May 28th. When I have tried to escalate the problem I was told that I was on a list to be called if there is a cancellation, but the supervisor Rick Dean said that I would not be called since there are too many people on that list. He said that no one could help me any further. When I pushed for his manager's name he gave me a name and number but that did not prove to be a correct number. The support line could not put me in touch with him either as they did not know who he was.

I can not believe that the installation team can not go out of their way to schedule a visit that isn't two weeks away when they have a very dissatisfied customer. I also work with customer support and I know that our company will go above and beyond when a mistake has been made, especially when it is not the customer's fault. I was offered an out-of-service refund for the wait time, but I would rather have the dish hooked up now. I am willing to leave work on 30 minutes notice, and also to be available as early or late in the day as possible to get this dish installed.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

·
Icon
955 Posts
Another sad story from a customer who purchases by internet, direct, or from a warehouse store relying on DNSC or a fulfillment co for installation.

You can avoid these problems, folks, by dealing with a full-service retailer in your neighborhood.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
It doesn't suprise me at all. I even had a phone "support" person admin that the DISHPlayer was unacceptable and I shouldn't have to live with it. But she said it was Microsoft's fault. Well, it may be their fault - but it's Echostar's product (and therefore, their responsability).

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
That sounds like a frustrating experience. It's too bad that Echostar's customer support has gone downhill this much to the point where they could care less about their existing customers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.