DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I I had Comcast hook up cable tv service to bundle everything together. I suspended my direct tv service just to save a few dollars and help pay for vacations. The cable bundle is $60 cheaper. I plan on reactivating service in a few months. The dumb cable guy cut the fitting of my multiswitch to us the wires. I thought I could just get new ends but it appears the multiswitch uses a fitting with a rubber boot on them. Where can I get them or can I just use regular ones.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Those rubber boots are for protection from moisture, etc. They probably came with the switch, not the connectors. If your multiswitch is in a protected location you probably don't need them.

·
Legend
183 Posts
When you re install the coax with a new connector on them tighten them with a 7/16 inch wrench a 1/8 turn after the connector makes contact. This will help with keeping moisture out. You won't need the rubber boot if you do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.