DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an email to customer service asking when the CW would be available in the Dallas area. The following is what I received from them:

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but we don't carry The CW in HD right now. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to our programming department.

Maybe those of you who want it need to send in a request as well. Never hurts to try.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Right now... There is a major limitation in the bandwith.

DirecTV has opted to only provide the BIG 4 (when they can get the carraige contracts).

When the new sats are launched next year, I would expect then the HD LIL's to expand to the additional channels in each market, that carry HD content.

And... there are a good number of shows on the CW that are excelent in HD.

·
Legend
187 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Right now... There is a major limitation in the bandwith.

DirecTV has opted to only provide the BIG 4 (when they can get the carraige contracts).

When the new sats are launched next year, I would expect then the HD LIL's to expand to the additional channels in each market, that carry HD content.

And... there are a good number of shows on the CW that are excelent in HD.
We do have 5 in DC...ABC (WHICH HAS THE GREEN PIXELATION BUG WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT! :mad: ), NBC, CBS, FOX, and My Network. I have no idea why they chose My Network instead of CW!

·
Banned
63 Posts
patsrule316 said:
We do have 5 in DC...ABC (WHICH HAS THE GREEN PIXELATION BUG WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT! :mad: ), NBC, CBS, FOX, and My Network. I have no idea why they chose My Network instead of CW!
I bet it is because channel 20 used to be UPN, but of course now is "My Network" whatever that is. I guess they decided to give us UPN over WB in HD last year when they started offering HD Locals in the DC area. Now, it would be nice if they gave us CW instead of My Network until they launch the new satellites! I also could care less about whatever is on channel 20 these days compared to shows I do watch on CW (Smallville especially).

·
Godfather
395 Posts
mtnagel said:
Don't forget about Gilmore Girls ;)
Oh yeah Smallville in CW looks so good with all the macro blocking during any movement. And the fact they put the CW logo in the same spot as the 4:3 so it's obnoxiously in the middle of the screen. Bring FOX to Sacramento, who cares about CW.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,459 Posts
patsrule316 said:
Most of the CW/MyNetwork/Independant stations carried in HD on D* are there due to HD sports programming they carry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.