DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any particular reason that channel 14 is labeled as the CW, but shows the E! network? Supposedly, we have not been allowed to get the CW feed since WCBI added it as a digital subchannel. Just wondering if this is happening in any other markets.

·
Godfather
279 Posts
"mcrutland" said:
Is there any particular reason that channel 14 is labeled as the CW, but shows the E! network? Supposedly, we have not been allowed to get the CW feed since WCBI added it as a digital subchannel. Just wondering if this is happening in any other markets.
Have you always had a channel 14 or is it new? Is that where 4-3 is on cable? I know in the Huntsville DMA for instance, the My Network affiliate is actually 54-2, but it is on channel 6 on DIRECTV since that is where it is on most cable systems.

·
AllStar
126 Posts
I am in the Columbus/Tupelo area and would like to know this also. I have an OTA antenna hooked up to my DVR so I get all the WCBI channel 4 stations.
Channel 4 is CBS SD
4-1 is CBS HD
4-2 is MY MS
4-3 is CW
14 shows CW in the Guide but E network is always being shown on 14
If you don't have an OTA antenna you don't get the CW in this market.

·
Legend
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weadjust said:
Where did you get the info about getting Locals in HD later this month? I hope it's true.
Directv Transponder Map Thread:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=200579

plus
http://www.directv.com/hdlocals

The first thread is the most informative. It gives you access to a spreadsheet giving technical details of all D* channels. If you go to the end of the thread, our market is discussed heavily. Our channels (including WCBIDT3, but not MYMS) are currently uplinked in test mode. This means we will see them shortly.

Regardless of this, I am still going to keep my antenna and AM21.

·
AllStar
126 Posts
Cool. Any idea how long they test before going active with the HD locals?

I'm keeping my AM-21 also however I may test my antenna out and point it toward Memphis or Florence, AL and see what I can pick up if anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.