DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,479 Posts
mridan said:
I live in the chicagoland area, and wondering when the CW will be in hd?
Probably some time after most of the HD LIL markets get at least two of the big four HD channels.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
The Chicago CW station, WGN, is owned by Tribune. None of Tribune's stations are carried in HD by either Directv or Dish Network. There have been rumors of an imminent agreement between Tribune and Directv for nearly four months, but it hasn't happened and I'll believe it when I see it (I'm waiting for the Seattle Fox station, also owned by Tribune).

·
2 Posts
mridan said:
I live in the chicagoland area, and wondering when the CW will be in hd?
I was just checking my guide and noticed Channel 9 (WGN) in Chicago was no longer there, so I went into my custom channel list to add it back and noticed there were two stations listed. It looks like WGN (CW) HD is now available as a local channel. Not sure when it happened, but it's there now. Good news.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
JonesDus said:
I was just checking my guide and noticed Channel 9 (WGN) in Chicago was no longer there, so I went into my custom channel list to add it back and noticed there were two stations listed. It looks like WGN (CW) HD is now available as a local channel. Not sure when it happened, but it's there now. Good news.
Good catch..

That must have happened in the last 24 hours.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,479 Posts
Is anyone else thinking that perhaps the Tribune logjam has broken???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.