DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 253 Posts

· Icon
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTV's Access Magazine for September on page 13 says that we have local weather on the 8's on the Weather Channel (standard def channel only) but it's not working for me (HR21 200). Also, it says that the weather inside the ACTIVE application is now provided by The Weather Channel and has a different look. But I see no change. Did anybody see this and is anybody getting it?

· Registered
8,035 Posts
MLBurks said:
DirecTV's Access Magazine for September on page 13 says that we have local weather on the 8's on the Weather Channel (standard def channel only) but it's not working for me (HR21 200). Also, it says that the weather inside the ACTIVE application is now provided by The Weather Channel and has a different look. But I see no change. Did anybody see this and is anybody getting it?
It's coming, just not here yet. ;)

· Registered
8,035 Posts
MLBurks said:
Well you would think that it would say "coming soon" instead of reading like it's active now.
It is the September issue, ie next months issue right?

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
One, it's not September yet.

Two, given the deadlines magaizines have, with copy locked down months in advance, "coming soon" and "now" are one in the same when the magazine went to press.

Three, if they say in there that HBO will be premiering the XYZ Movie in September, do you really expect it will be shown the first time on September 1?

Four, a September magazine is designed to have a table life of at least 30 days. If you read the notice the end of September, "coming soon" would have come and gone.

· Registered
8,035 Posts
MLBurks said:
Yes it is but they send these out a week to a week and a half before the month begins and I and many others read the articles before the 1st.
I give up.

:bang

· Icon
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carl Spock said:
One, it's not September yet.

Two, given the deadlines magaizines have, with copy locked down months in advance, "coming soon" and "now" are one in the same when the magazine went to press.

Three, if they say in there that HBO will be premiering the XYZ Movie in September, do you really expect it will be shown the first time on September 1?

Four, a September magazine is designed to have a table life of at least 30 days. If you read the notice the end of September, "coming soon" would have come and gone.
Good point(s):)

· Icon
917 Posts
Yay! This makes me happy, I had just sent an email asking if it was possible to get my local NBC Weather plus (which they said no to) because I really missed "weather on the 8's" on TWC. In the winter it's such a great feature to see if any warnings are issued. Although with it being just on the SD channel, that bums me out a bit being I set up everything to just show the HD chanels on those that had both SD and HD. Guess I'll need to change that back..

· Hall Of Fame
4,743 Posts
Carl Spock said:
but if a sept. magazine is gonna say "we have it" then "we should have it" on sept 1.

· Hall Of Fame
1,056 Posts
Good news. Locals on the 8's is great for checking areas of percipitation, and their movment, prior to a round of golf.

· Hall Of Fame
2,844 Posts
techrep said:
Good news. Locals on the 8's is great for checking areas of percipitation, and their movment, prior to a round of golf.
I like my local with an accuweather sub channel. Live radar and local weather, better forecast updates.

· Hall Of Fame
5,512 Posts
Grentz said:
Cool, that would be awesome to have locals on the 8s on TWC.

How is that going to work though? Is TWC going to be moved to spot beams or what?
NBC owns TWC now so weather plus may become more like weather scan.

They may be able to run IntelliStar / weatherstar over lays and voice on your DTV box. This may also have to do with the ACTIVE application getting a new look as it may be getting the IntelliStar / weatherstar icons.

But will have icons like the weather star 4000, XL and IntelliStar or text only like the WeatherStar I, II, 3000 and JR?

Will we see the locals on the 8s HD before any one on cable does?

· Hall Of Fame
1,056 Posts
jefbal99 said:
I like my local with an accuweather sub channel. Live radar and local weather, better forecast updates.
With real time radar loop?

1 - 20 of 253 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.