DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An acquaintance is signing up for D* and tried to use my account number as a referral. The CSR told him they needed the phone number on my account. I signed up 3 weeks ago, and I did not have to provide a phone number when I provided the account I had for referral. Also, I've not seen the need for a phone number mentioned on any of the threads discussing referrals. Any idea what prompted this request.

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
JosieFB said:
An acquaintance is signing up for D* and tried to use my account number as a referral. The CSR told him they needed the phone number on my account. I signed up 3 weeks ago, and I did not have to provide a phone number when I provided the account I had for referral. Also, I've not seen the need for a phone number mentioned on any of the threads discussing referrals. Any idea what prompted this request.
the rep probably could not verify the account number and was asking for the phone number to locate the account and be sure that the correct account number was entered so that you would get the referral

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
I just told them mine was a relative of my wife and they found it off of the account number.

· Godfather
513 Posts
curt8403 said:
the rep probably could not verify the account number and was asking for the phone number to locate the account and be sure that the correct account number was entered so that you would get the referral
yeah, what curt said, this is the only reason I could think of as to the rep wanting the ph#

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.