DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I never tend to post very much, instead I mostly read. I am retired and have been bldg computers for about 8 yrs. I usually research every build very carefully; however, I did not do that with D* HD sat box. I assumed and you know what happens then. I have two h-21 hd sat boxes and new sat dish--when I got it I did not realize only effective output of sat box is hdmi which I cannot input to my htpc.

Has anyone heard of anything coming in the way of tuner/capture cards that will allow us sat people to have hd via hdmi hookup.

Sorry to be so wordy but I wanted to be sure I communicated my problem. I have googled-I have searched many forums and I don't see anything for us.

Thx for reading

jessem :D :D

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
jessem4145 said:
Hi folks,
I never tend to post very much, instead I mostly read. I am retired and have been bldg computers for about 8 yrs. I usually research every build very carefully; however, I did not do that with D* HD sat box. I assumed and you know what happens then. I have two h-21 hd sat boxes and new sat dish--when I got it I did not realize only effective output of sat box is hdmi which I cannot input to my htpc.

Has anyone heard of anything coming in the way of tuner/capture cards that will allow us sat people to have hd via hdmi hookup.

Sorry to be so wordy but I wanted to be sure I communicated my problem. I have googled-I have searched many forums and I don't see anything for us.

Thx for reading

jessem :D :D
search hauppauge

· Icon
808 Posts
There are currently no HDMI capture cards for a PC. The Hauppauge card is the only one that will capture component video from an HD source AFAIK. The HDPC-20 outboard USB DirecTV tuner may eventually become available for use with a PC, but when it will be introduced is anybody's guess.

· Tain't ogre til its ogre
14,768 Posts
captain_video said:
There are currently no HDMI capture cards for a PC. The Hauppauge card is the only one that will capture component video from an HD source AFAIK. The HDPC-20 outboard USB DirecTV tuner may eventually become available for use with a PC, but when it will be introduced is anybody's guess.
From what I understand the beta team is still awaiting the hardware. I was originally told November this year for sale...but given test hardware is yet to be out in the hands of the testers...it will likely be next year some time for the HDPC-20.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.