Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi:

Here is my brothers story (edited by me to shorten it). My brother had D* service which I will estimate for approx. 5 years. He has canceled them and gone back to Cablevision. He lives in NJ.

D* now states they he owes them $146 or so for the installed receiver and early termination fees. I am getting this second hand so these are the facts as I know them. D* says that when I told them I wanted HDTV svc and that 2 techs said they could not get a HD signal the story changed and they said they showed up with a HD receiver that they installed and they were charging me for that rec. I said to them "what would I do with a HD rec since i don't have a HD dish on my house because your techs said there is no HD signal?" I told them a HD rec was never installed here no matter what they show in their records.

Then the story changed again from them. The supervisor said they would send fed x to our house and send them back one of the rec we have. I told them I have 6 SD rec and they could have them all back but they only wanted one. We sent it back and guess what... They still did not credit me with the $50.00. They said they sent my request to their Account manager and it was rejected and even a supervisor can't do anything. I said that their acc mgr dept answers to no one and no one could give me a phone # for them.

If u can get me any info about what to do and a corporate # or something I really really really would appreciate it. They are f-----g crooks!!!! This has been going on since Oct and then it takes 6 to 8 wks to get the money $96.82 without the add $50.00 they owe us.

So thats his story. If anyone has suggestions plz let me know, phone #'s, advice etc. Thanks much!

·
Legend
182 Posts
hmm...sucks for you...So where did the $50 come from that they owe you??

all the numbers that were active at one time have been shut off because no one can just call customer service anymore...everyone had to call retention or "D* office of the president"....Sounds like to me you are out of luck unless your brother wants to spend some chunk of change on a lawyer...which he may want to read their agreement online because it says that if anyone decides to take them to court, and you lose, you pay the legal fees for their lawyers and all the court costs...

·
Godfather
259 Posts
Sounds to me like your installers are ripping off D* and you're caught in the middle.

Go out on a HD install, install SD only, tell D* a HD STB was installed. Then keep the STB or put it on ebay or whatever...

·
AllStar
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ClubSteeler said:
Sounds to me like your installers are ripping off D* and you're caught in the middle.

Go out on a HD install, install SD only, tell D* a HD STB was installed. Then keep the STB or put it on ebay or whatever...
Hi:

yes that is a definite possibility (oxymoron). I have someone working behind the scenes trying to make sense of what happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.