Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AllStar
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi:

Here is my brothers story (edited by me to shorten it). My brother had D* service which I will estimate for approx. 5 years. He has canceled them and gone back to Cablevision. He lives in NJ.

D* now states they he owes them $146 or so for the installed receiver and early termination fees. I am getting this second hand so these are the facts as I know them. D* says that when I told them I wanted HDTV svc and that 2 techs said they could not get a HD signal the story changed and they said they showed up with a HD receiver that they installed and they were charging me for that rec. I said to them "what would I do with a HD rec since i don't have a HD dish on my house because your techs said there is no HD signal?" I told them a HD rec was never installed here no matter what they show in their records.

Then the story changed again from them. The supervisor said they would send fed x to our house and send them back one of the rec we have. I told them I have 6 SD rec and they could have them all back but they only wanted one. We sent it back and guess what... They still did not credit me with the $50.00. They said they sent my request to their Account manager and it was rejected and even a supervisor can't do anything. I said that their acc mgr dept answers to no one and no one could give me a phone # for them.

If u can get me any info about what to do and a corporate # or something I really really really would appreciate it. They are f-----g crooks!!!! This has been going on since Oct and then it takes 6 to 8 wks to get the money $96.82 without the add $50.00 they owe us.

So thats his story. If anyone has suggestions plz let me know, phone #'s, advice etc. Thanks much!

·
AllStar
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ClubSteeler said:
Sounds to me like your installers are ripping off D* and you're caught in the middle.

Go out on a HD install, install SD only, tell D* a HD STB was installed. Then keep the STB or put it on ebay or whatever...
Hi:

yes that is a definite possibility (oxymoron). I have someone working behind the scenes trying to make sense of what happened.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.