DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the D* Premier package includes the HD channels. Does anyone know? Or do I still have to pay the $9.99 fee on top of the $99.99? I know I will get the HD locals as well as HBO and SHO HD but I'm wondering about the others: TNT, HDNET movies, Discovery HD Theater, etc...

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I don't think the premier includes the HD package add-on.

·
Legend
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Earl, I've read a lot of your posts on here and appreciate all the info you bring to the boards. Since I know you are there, I figured I'd say thanks. Is it just me or is D* slowly turning into Comcast Jr. ? $99 for the "Premier Package" that doesn't include the HD package? I know D* is still far better than Comcrap but they are working their way up...

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Actually there is another package that does included it.
Titanium... but that is around $7000 a year

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Gmaxx said:
Hi Earl, I've read a lot of your posts on here and appreciate all the info you bring to the boards. Since I know you are there, I figured I'd say thanks. Is it just me or is D* slowly turning into Comcast Jr. ? $99 for the "Premier Package" that doesn't include the HD package? I know D* is still far better than Comcrap but they are working their way up...
DTV is still better than E*. E* nickle and dimes you like crazy.

·
Legend
193 Posts
Nope the only thing the premier package that would hold interest to the new hr20 owners is that the dvr package cost is free. HD package cost an additional $9.99

break down of premier package:
all the channels from tc plus
all the movie channels from hbo, showtime, cinemax, stars/encore & sports package
+ dvr package.. sorry no ppvs of any kind added to this package..
Cost of package.. $99.99 a month

if u don't want all movie channels u can also select by group
1st set of premium channels
1-$12
2-$11
3-$10
4-$8
5-$7
it be tc+ $49.99 to how many sets of channels from there
I hope that helps a little better.

·
Legend
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So for the premier + HD + 2 additional receivers = $120 a month... What will the wife think...hmmm :grin:

·
Legend
193 Posts
Gmaxx said:
So for the premier + HD + 2 additional receivers = $120 a month... What will the wife think...hmmm :grin:
99.99 tc prem
+9.99 hd
+4.99 additional ird
-----------------
$114.97 not including txes.. yep.. U rounded up for safe measure..

hd covers all in household not per ird.

if u don't want all movie channels u can also select by group
1st set of premium channels
1-$12
2-$11
3-$10
4-$8
5-$7

oops above I left out sports package so the 5 sets of premium hbo,showtime,cinemax,starz/encore & sports pkge

·
Icon
545 Posts
Gmaxx
Although the gap has closed some, D* is nowhere near as bad as COMCRAP!
I have the Premier pkg + HD pkg from D*, simalar pkg from Comcrap would be about $20 more a month! Now that's not typical to all areas, but that's the case here! D* often gives credits for thier HD pkg, I've gotten the HD pkg free for six months 2 dif times!

·
Icon
642 Posts
Gmaxx said:
I was wondering if the D* Premier package includes the HD channels. Does anyone know? Or do I still have to pay the $9.99 fee on top of the $99.99? I know I will get the HD locals as well as HBO and SHO HD but I'm wondering about the others: TNT, HDNET movies, Discovery HD Theater, etc...
I pay separately for both, but my TIVO fee is waived.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.