DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called last week b/c I could not get the hr20 to pause or rewind live tv, or replay any recordings. The csr could not get it to reset/format with the instructions she gave me, thus they sent me a new box.
I have since fixed the problem and my original hr20 is working.
Is there any way to keep the box that they sent me?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
Ya. Send the other one (that is working now), back.

Or call them, explain that your first box is now working properly, and see what kind of deal they can offer you to add the new box to your account. Starting point would be the regular $299 up front fee and $4.99 a month thereafter. If you can come to an acceptable agreement (maybe $100 off, possibly some account credits), then you could keep it. I wouldn't expect to be able to keep it for free, though, unless you can work such a deal with them.

Give them a call.

·
Legend
221 Posts
Don't think so--I had two replaced. In each case they sent me a form notice weeks later showing $0 balence so they are tracking it. Make sure you copy and save your shipping information. That should be enclosed in the box with the returm labels.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
timvan said:
I called last week b/c I could not get the hr20 to pause or rewind live tv, or replay any recordings. The csr could not get it to reset/format with the instructions she gave me, thus they sent me a new box.
Just out of curiosity....what thing(s) corrected the problem there to make the original HR20 work properly?

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
I just can't fathom why they charge for their receivers in the first place. It'd be one thing if we owned the receiver. We pay them up front, and then every month thereafter for a LEASE. AND we're still responsible for any repairs outside of the warranty. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

But somehow I'm still a subscriber. /me shakes his head.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
drtbar said:
I just can't fathom why they charge for their receivers in the first place. It'd be one thing if we owned the receiver. We pay them up front, and then every month thereafter for a LEASE. AND we're still responsible for any repairs outside of the warranty. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

But somehow I'm still a subscriber. /me shakes his head.
I can't fathom why someone has to mention this at lease once a week around here.
:rolleyes:

·
Legend
179 Posts
I was sent a letter that stated if they did not receive the old reciever back they would charge me $1,000.

·
AllStar
89 Posts
glennb said:
I can't fathom why someone has to mention this at lease once a week around here.
:rolleyes:
Because it is F*ing stupid, that's why. 300 bucks for a POS... and then 5 dollars a month thereafter.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hdtvfan0001 said:
Just out of curiosity....what thing(s) corrected the problem there to make the original HR20 work properly?
I massaged it with a baseball bat..

Honestly I do not know...
I reset it via red button...
unplugged it also..

now it seems to work

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
tbackus said:
Because it is F*ing stupid, that's why. 300 bucks for a POS... and then 5 dollars a month thereafter.
Just think about the guys that paid $1000 for the HD Tivo and 5 dollars a month thereafter.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
psubill78 said:
pardon my stupidty, but isn't the lease fee just the same thing as the mirror fee?
Yes...
The $4.99 "lease fee" is the exact same as the $4.99 mirror fee

·
Icon
650 Posts
timvan said:
I had the same situation about 2 months ago. I talked to a guy in retention and since I have been a D* customer for over 10 years he gave it to me for free. So i have 2 hr20's and a at9 with installation all for free. No upgrade fees at all.

Talk to retention and see what they will do for you.

·
Mentor
34 Posts
mocciat said:
I had the same situation about 2 months ago. I talked to a guy in retention and since I have been a D* customer for over 10 years he gave it to me for free. So i have 2 hr20's and a at9 with installation all for free. No upgrade fees at all.

Talk to retention and see what they will do for you.
Same thing happened with me. Give them a call, it can't hurt to ask.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.