DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D* called last week to schedule a service call. They claim their HD broadcasts are changing and I need a new receiver. Thing is, I already have an HR20-700 swapped up from an H10 months ago. They want to install an HR21. The CS rep could not give me an explanation.

My guess is that they just have poor customer records as I have not heard of HR20s being pulled from the field.

My suspicion is further reinforced by the fact that even after I upgraded to the HR20 and 5LNB dish they continued to call me and tell me I needed a new dish. After they hounded me about this 4 separate occasions I finally let them send someone out to prove I had the dish that they had in fact installed. Guess what, wasted service call/$ for them. :nono:

Are they about do repeat the same senseless series of service calls for the receiver or is there a legit reason the HR20 is being pulled?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Chad

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
It sounds to me like confusion. They may think you have an HR10. If your receiver is working to your satisfaction there is no need to swap it.

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vansmack said:
What receiver is listed for your account on the web site?
You are correct sir, they still have an H10 listed as well as the HR20. The best part is the H10 is listed as being in the living room and the HR20 is installed at the pool.

I don't have a pool. I think I'll let them come out and offer to take the HR21 as long as they install a pool. :grin:

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.