DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've called several times (starting in Feb 08) and emailed to have Sunday Ticket removed from my account. They wouldn't make the change thru email, but each time I've called I was assured that ST was removed. However it is still showing up on my bill. I don't understand why I should have to spend so much of my time to remove programming - are they hoping that I'll just pay it anyway? I know other people have had this problem - maybe a lot of people.

It seems like D* is deliberately deceiving customers when a simple request like this cannot be handled correctly. And if this is the case something should be done to get D* to change their ways. I'm sure if I was adding something it wouldn't take so much effort. I'll call one more time to try to resolve this - I don't want to switch but may be forced to.

· Icon
966 Posts
gobirds said:
I've called several times (starting in Feb 08) and emailed to have Sunday Ticket removed from my account. They wouldn't make the change thru email, but each time I've called I was assured that ST was removed. However it is still showing up on my bill. I don't understand why I should have to spend so much of my time to remove programming - are they hoping that I'll just pay it anyway? I know other people have had this problem - maybe a lot of people.

It seems like D* is deliberately deceiving customers when a simple request like this cannot be handled correctly. And if this is the case something should be done to get D* to change their ways. I'm sure if I was adding something it wouldn't take so much effort. I'll call one more time to try to resolve this - I don't want to switch but may be forced to.
Quick, somebody call Oliver Stone. This would make a good movie! :lol: :lol:

· Godfather
417 Posts
Besides calling I would send them a certified letter to CYA explaining the situation immediately. Once the season begins your locked in.
gobirds said:

· Registered
31,115 Posts
Somebody's on that end is asleep at the wheel..they should be able to remove it while you are on the phone, andy ou should be able to verify its off online immediately.

Perhaps call one more time, ask for a supervisor, and let them know you have attempted to cancel Sunday Ticket multiple times and you will not get off the call until you can verify it is completed this time.

· Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
Somebody's on that end is asleep at the wheel..they should be able to remove it while you are on the phone, andy ou should be able to verify its off online immediately.

Perhaps call one more time, ask for a supervisor, and let them know you have attempted to cancel Sunday Ticket multiple times and you will not get off the call until you can verify it is completed this time.
Fixed your post. OP, be careful how you word it! I would also ask them to make a note on your account that you called to cancel Sunday Ticket and ask them to read it back to you. If for some reason it doesn't get cleared up, there is proof there in your accounts of the date and time you attempted to cancel.

· Registered
31,115 Posts
JLucPicard said:
Fixed your post. OP, be careful how you word it! I would also ask them to make a note on your account that you called to cancel Sunday Ticket and ask them to read it back to you. If for some reason it doesn't get cleared up, there is proof there in your accounts of the date and time you attempted to cancel.
Thanks...I'll fix the original. You are right on with your added comments.

· Freethinker
3,179 Posts
Maybe speak with someone in retention. When they ask why you are cancelling tell them about your NFLST issue. That should do the trick.

· Icon
732 Posts
While you're on the phone, check Channel 107. If it says "Buy Now" then it has been canceled correctly. If it says "Authorized" then Sunday Ticket is still alive on your account.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Bob Coxner said:
While you're on the phone, check Channel 107. If it says "Buy Now" then it has been canceled correctly. If it says "Authorized" then Sunday Ticket is still alive on your account.
That's a good tip (107)...I had to cancel 3 times before it actually got canceled, and I'll still keep a close eye on my bill. It's hard to believe this is simple incompetence, as it is reported so often.

· Hall Of Fame
1,675 Posts
gobirds said:

Many good tips here, also when the call ends you can ask for the CSRs name and ID # and keep it in case it doesnt get removed. Check back in a day if its not removed ask politely for s supervisor and politely demand that it get removed and ask if D* will compensate you for all your time done policing their CSR.

· Hall Of Fame
1,015 Posts
Bob Coxner said:
i would check ch 107 every day.
i have a thread on this ,posted link below.
watch the start of your new cycle they will put it back on i had this issue and it took 4 tries to get it removed from my account both on my bill and online
this Has Happened to a few people

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=130027&highlight=check+ch+107

· Godfather
542 Posts
gobirds said:

Welcome to the club. You are a few months late in posting.

I had to call 3 times to get it removed. Once in Feb., again in June and later towards July.

It finally seems to be gone from my account. They even seemed to have added special NFTST CSRs to just cancel the ST package.

Check channel 107 regularly and you online account to see if NFTST is part of your sports subs.

· Hall Of Fame
1,183 Posts
Can't you just switch to manual payment (if you auto-pay), then deduct the charge from your payment with a note referencing how and when you cancelled? As long as the charge is disputed, seems like they'd either have to fix it, or investigate.

· Hall Of Fame
2,050 Posts
DarinC said:
Can't you just switch to manual payment (if you auto-pay), then deduct the charge from your payment with a note referencing how and when you cancelled? As long as the charge is disputed, seems like they'd either have to fix it, or investigate.
Actually, you are probably better off with credit card autopay, and then you can dispute the charge with your credit card company, and get them to help you fight DirecTV. (American Express has an entire department whose only job is to dispute DirecTV charges.)

· Godfather
312 Posts
Upstream said:
Actually, you are probably better off with credit card autopay, and then you can dispute the charge with your credit card company, and get them to help you fight DirecTV. (American Express has an entire department whose only job is to dispute DirecTV charges.)
I did that very thing. I kept getting charged for NCAA Gameplan month after month. It took 1 dispute with Amex and it never ever happened again. Infact I got a call from DTV with an apology. I said if you guys would train your prople right and do the right thing the first time people wouldn't have to dispute with a CC to get something so easy taken care of and yea Amex does dispute a lot with DTV. I know a lot of people here think DTV can do no wrong,but sometimes they do.

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DarinC said:
That's what I did...I guess the first charge for ST was on my last bill, so I just didn't pay that part. The result of that was that the automated phone system D uses hounded me to pay the past due balance when I called in to cancel ST again. Uggh!

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks all for your suggestions. A phone call today (actually 2 - got disconnected the first time before making the request - then the 2nd time got disconnected right after the CSR assured me that it was really removed this time) and a bit strongly worded email and it looks like ST is finally removed. There's a credit on my bill and 107 shows it's not on my account.

I actually had a voice mail when I got home today from D saying it was removed - I'm not sure if that was due to the email or not. That's what you like to see, someone taking some ownership and resolving the problem for the customer AND letting them know.

They should really get this fixed on a broader scale, but I guess some of their research shows they can make more money this way.

Now I just have to return Oliver Stone's call...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.