DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,041 Posts
kturcotte said:
Is one of the goals of D11 to expand local HD coverage? In the Portland/Auburn, ME area, we're missing My Network and CW in HD. Possibility those might be turned on?
D11 will add MANY new HD local channel markets as well as some SD local channel markets.

Stay tuned...happening soon.

· Godfather
550 Posts
Originally Posted by Satelliteracer
D11 will add MANY new HD local channel markets as well as some SD local channel markets.

I am getting your hints;) . Soon the "I got a signal post" is coming(probably this week). Yes, then followed with the Wednesday morning surprise. I can't wait.

· Registered
342 Posts
Here in Charleston, SC we get SD channels with smoke and mirrors. Lucky all of them transmit off the same tower 12 miles north of the city and OTA works great.

D11 coming on line and picking up our locals (SD and maybe digital) would be a welcome change from using 2 dishes for everything.

· Hall Of Fame
3,041 Posts
stoutman said:
No inside knowledge, but our friend satelliteracer is trying to telegraph the answer...I believe:)
Everything can be measured in days, weeks, months. ;)

Still a little bit of time.....I'd think in terms of weeks.

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
Everything can be measured in days, weeks, months. ;)

Still a little bit of time.....I'd think in terms of weeks.
weeks however could be 1 to 52.

I am just waiting. waiting, and thinking Soon.:D

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Yep, on Monday, I'm starting to remove the stored items that are currently blocking the crawl space access door so I can get out the Festivus pole and dust it off, just to get it ready..

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Satelliteracer said:

Stay tuned...happening soon.
Can you give any word or hint on the scope of adding SD local channel markets (say for market which is the #170 range on the list)? I have no real hope of DirecTV adding my locals in HD for a couple of years, but I would be thrilled if D11 meant that I could at least get them in SD.

· Hall Of Fame
3,041 Posts
BlueSnake said:
Is soon, days, weeks, months ......? :)
If we equated the launch to a pregnancy, the suitcase would likely be packed. Now, having said that, some people have the suitcase packed only a few days before the due date and others have it packed weeks in advance.

Sorry, can't give you more than that but to say soon. There is a tentative date...hang in there....I would think in terms of weeks, not months to give you a general guideline (of course subject to change). Some markets will be staggered as well so you may see X number one week and say Y number a few weeks later. But soon, just hang in there.

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
If we equated the launch to a pregnancy, the suitcase would likely be packed. Now, having said that, some people have the suitcase packed only a few days before the due date and others have it packed weeks in advance.

Sorry, can't give you more than that but to say soon. There is a tentative date...hang in there....I would think in terms of weeks, not months to give you a general guideline (of course subject to change).
No hints on the scope of expansion for new local markets in SD? I'd be more than happy with something like "you're going to have to get pretty lucky this time around, you'd be smarter to hold your breath for D12" or "as long as you don't tie your mode of transportation to a hitching post, good news is on the way." Of course, I'd be most happy if you could say something like "if you live in the biggest city in your state and still don't get locals even in SD, you're locked in this time around." :)

· Godfather
732 Posts
jimmyv2000 said:
i hope soon too:D
I need my PBS-HD so the attic antenna can go and the wife will be happy too!!:D
...drop the antenna and back away from your DTV receiver. No one gets further local HD until Norfolk/Virginia Beach (largest market without) gets ours....:D :D

I feel your pain.:eek2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.