DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any heard when the DTV D-13 is going to arrive. I am getting tired of having to buy all these HD receivers for just basic TCD installations in a 72.5 market.

· Registered
8,035 Posts
redpeppers said:
Has any heard when the DTV D-13 is going to arrive. I am getting tired of having to buy all these HD receivers for just basic TCD installations in a 72.5 market.
The only info I have is that it was in a prototype stage, very, very tiny. About 1/2 the height of a D12, and just a little narrower than the RC series remote. They also were not sure if it would make it past the prototype stage. If it were, it would be a D14 or higher.

· Godfather
318 Posts
I thought it was D*'s plan to phase out the standard receiver series so that they only issue HD or HD DVRs??

· Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kturcotte said:
Eventually, that's the plan. 1 big server receiver, and clients around the house. When will it arrive? Probably about the same time as DLB and MRV lol
Big Server? Might as well set it up for DOD only and lose the dish all together....IPTV (the Future)

· Godfather
452 Posts
redpeppers said:
Right there with you. Just doesn't feel right putting a h23 on a 13", 20 year old curtis mathis tv.

egnlsn said:
Only if they make the HD units the same price as the SD ones.
They are if you're in a mpeg4 market.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.