DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to daisy chain two SWS-4s? I have a SL-3 SWM LNB with a SWS-4 mounted outside next to the dish. Three RG-6 coax cables come into the house through conduit. Another RG-6 coax goes to the garage through a seperate conduit. (That's why the SWS-4 is mounted at the dish.) I want to add another receiver in the house. I would like to accomplish this without fishing another coax through the conduit.

If it is possible to daisy chain two SWS-4s? If so, how do you power insert the second SWS-4?

Thanks.

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
Yes, you can but the signal will be quite a bit more attenuated.
Splitters are passive, so no need to worry about power, just dont daisy chain the second one off the power passing port of the main one.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Sure you can do it. It might be helpful to know how long your cable runs are, to know if it is wise.

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 30 ft of perfect vision RG-6 quad shield coax (3 GHz) between the dish and the house head end. From the head end to the receivers no more than 20-30 additional feet of a lesser grade Commscope RG-6.

...On another note. The voltage at the dish from the PI-21 is 15 volts. I was surprised to see it drop that much over 30 feet.

· Legend
146 Posts
botivo said:
The voltage at the dish from the PI-21 is 15 volts.
What is the voltage measured at the PI-21?

Assuming that you are measuring the voltage by placing your meter probes on an unconnected RG-6 fitting at the dish end of the cable, there shouldn't be any difference between solid copper conductor and copper-coated steel cable, since there isn't any load on the voltage to drop it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.