DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm near Dallas and we recently went from 75-80 degrees to a freezing rain and sleet temps near 30. Now, I keep getting no signal (771) on certain channels:
MTV, BET, SPIKE, HGTV, and local SD channels.

All HD channels come in fine, which I'd figure would be first to go. Is this all caused by our temp change, weather, and such? I tested signals and see 95 to 99 on every OTHER transponder on the main/first sat. I figure people get worse weather than this, do they have these issues?

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
I live in North Richland Hills, and I have channels, when I reboot its says searching for Sat. and finds nothing. Called CSR and they say it must be the dish not the weather, a tech will come Friday.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm scared to reset. I get most channels, so I don't want to be stuck trying to boot up.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
sigma1914 said:
I'm near Dallas and we recently went from 75-80 degrees to a freezing rain and sleet temps near 30. Now, I keep getting no signal (771) on certain channels:

All HD channels come in fine, which I'd figure would be first to go. Is this all caused by our temp change, weather, and such? I tested signals and see 95 to 99 on every OTHER transponder on the main/first sat. I figure people get worse weather than this, do they have these issues?
Maybe some of your outside connections aren't watertight.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glennb said:
Maybe some of your outside connections aren't watertight.
We been through rain with no problem. I guess the ice isn't helping.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now I can't use trickplay during live tv.

Still have 0 on every other transponder on 101.

·
Banned
375 Posts
sigma1914 said:
Now I can't use trickplay during live tv.

Still have 0 on every other transponder on 101.
my box had same problems-your reciever is dying. do you have any other recievers to see what signal they are getting? also its time to call directv to order a replacement

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stuart628 said:
my box had same problems-your reciever is dying. do you have any other recievers to see what signal they are getting? also its time to call directv to order a replacement
Both receivers having same issue that started with todays huge temp drop and ice/snow.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
35 Posts
I am in Southlake with no issues. It sounds like you may have a transponder that has gone bad. I would have a tech come out and check your connections.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LoL my bedroom unit just decided to reset...gonna be a fun night! lol

·
DBSTalk Club Member
35 Posts
Have a good one. I would not touch the box if I were you. You may get a shock!! Sounds like it has a mind of its own. Come to think of it. My christmas lights were doing the same thing last night.

I think we all just do not like the cold.

·
Legend
219 Posts
sigma1914 said:

I live in Keller and was home all day. Not a single problem on both my HR20s, as usual. Awesome. It pays to know what you are doing, have a solid dish and cable install and a solid setup for A/V.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
billt1111 said:
I live in Keller and was home all day. Not a single problem on both my HR20s, as usual. Awesome. It pays to know what you are doing, have a solid dish and cable install and a solid setup for A/V.
I hope you aren't talking down to me here. After rewiring, everything had been very solid. My bedroom unit has been near perfect since early October.

·
6 Posts
I'm in Euless and I had two issues during the previous rain storms. Some HD channels would go out for a period of time and I would also get the 771 message.

Tech thought one my tuners was bad and I got a replacement unit only to experience the same problem.

Turned out one of my cables on the dish was cracked and water seeped into it. He replaced it and no issues with percipitation since. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BeerMaker said:
Turned out one of my cables on the dish was cracked and water seeped into it. He replaced it and no issues with percipitation since. Hope this helps!
I'm thinking this is the issue. Every other transponder on 101 is 0. We'll get a better look today since the precip stopped.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I don't have any problem, but I have already had my LNB replaced becuase of similar symptoms. Which of the two types of AT-9 do you have? One has thin wires connecting the sections of the LNB, one has RG-6 with "real" connectors. My installer told me that the one with thin wires is very susceptible to moisture.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Well, tech just fixed my problem, the switch went out. I've only had the switch about 45 days and it is out of the weather. Also my signal is higher so he thinks the first one was bad anyway

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.