DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mentor
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a lot of problems with the HD locals on my HR20, mostly Fox and NBC, the pictures keeps stuttering. Is anyone else with Dallas locals having the same problems and is this a HR20 problem or a Directv HD local problem.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
16 Posts
I haven't noticed anything like that. I was flipping between the race on NBC and the Cowboys on Fox and both channels have been fine except for the occasional audio dropout.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,718 Posts
I think we're pretty fortunate for HD Local PQ. Today, I've checked CBS & Fox, both seem very good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,779 Posts
Looks good from Plano.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, if I am the only one then I have a problem. I have been having problems since Friday and I first thought everyone was having the problem after Friday night and I guess mine never recovered. I get a lot of pixelating and cutting out on all HD locals.

Any suggestions?

What satellite do I need to check the signal strength on for Mpeg 4 HD locals?
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
203 Posts
Foghorn said:
Ok, if I am the only one then I have a problem. I have been having problems since Friday and I first thought everyone was having the problem after Friday night and I guess mine never recovered. I get a lot of pixelating and cutting out on all HD locals.

Any suggestions?

What satellite do I need to check the signal strength on for Mpeg 4 HD locals?
I also have Dallas locals and fox gives me problems. The OC and The war at home will start stuttering and lose audio causing me to have to stop and hit play again (recording of course). This corrects the issue. I also have FF issues many times where it will it will jump ahead about 1 minute after I hit the play button (FF through commercials and hit play when show starts). Only fox is giving me these issues right now.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
42 Posts
I had 771 code for Dallas Locals several times on 11/12. They did the install 11/11. What SAT does the Dallas locals use? What is an acceptable strength? I am new to the HR20 and maybe this is an aiming of the dish problem.

Thanks
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
156 Posts
I get a blip on Fox and NBC every now and then, but not often enough to bother me, and about as often as I had them with the HR10.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
I also have problems with Fox and NBC.

For me, Fox will occasionally pixilate and then go to a blue screen. I also receive the 771 message when I tune to that channel from time to time.

With my setup, NBC has been more frequently pixilated than Fox since I began receiving MPEG4 locals back in late September.

I also see macroblocking on all MPEG4 locals.

I'm getting signals in the 90's on sat 103 transponders 1 and 5.

I removed the band converters going into the HR20 a few weeks ago and saw marginal improvement. I have not yet bypassed my multi-switch to see if that improves my situation, but I plan on doing that in the near future. After reading many other posts in this forum, I am also considering cabling as a cause for the problem. I know that the cable used in my install was the existing cable, which is most likely very old.

Please post again if you figure out what is causing your issues.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I checked my signal on 103 and they are in the 20's. We had a high winds this past Friday and I guess it got moved. I will have to get someone to fix it, I need my HD! I hope this doesn't happen everytime we have high winds, that would be annoying.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Foghorn said:
I checked my signal on 103 and they are in the 20's. We had a high winds this past Friday and I guess it got moved. I will have to get someone to fix it, I need my HD! I hope this doesn't happen everytime we have high winds, that would be annoying.
Well at least you know what the problem most likely is. Good luck with the re-alignment.

By the way, I remember reading some posts in here about the AT9 dish needing some stabilizers. Maybe your original installer left those off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,779 Posts
mwhip said:
When is OTA going active?
Oh no you didn't... :D

Rumor has it set for Dec 1.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
156 Posts
Last night on two shows recorded from the Dallas CBS MPEG4 channel, I saw some little white blips at various points on the screen as the shows played back. Anybody seen this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,718 Posts
Starrbuck said:
Last night on two shows recorded from the Dallas CBS MPEG4 channel, I saw some little white blips at various points on the screen as the shows played back. Anybody seen this?
Yea, I was almost P.O'd after just buying a new LCD. I thought they were dying pixels, till I rewound & saw them in the exact same scenes. It's no biggie...probably a CBS problem.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top