DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Legend
169 Posts
If you have Caller ID and have it displayed on your 722K you won't be able to use it anymore but other than that, what scooper said about connecting it to your broadband will work fine for getting PPV and Video On Demand.

· Mentor
51 Posts
You might get audited by Dish (Dish assumes that all subscribers with multiple receivers and no phone line are sharing the account with others).

This wasn't a pleasant call, the people they hire to do this act like they own the world. I had my dish service shut down on 2 out of 3 receivers at a time when I was in hospital for 2 weeks and wife had other things to deal with besides not getting TV.

· AllStar
59 Posts
I was told (several years ago), that I would have to pay another $5/mo. if I did not have a land line. That may have changed.

8 Posts
We also have multiple receivers and no phone line and have never has any whiff of any audit. I wonder if it is because we are in a house instead of an apartment building? Also, my impression is that it is reasonably common for people to not have a landline anymore, so maybe that is no longer a metric that triggers an audit?

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Not sure what will cause an audit. Only thing for sure is the more receivers on an account that are connected to phone/internet and in the same area will decrease the chance of an audit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.