DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Legend
171 Posts
It might not work, it may be linked to another customer, and you will still have to pay a $199 activation fee. Bonus is you will not need a contract, but being a pay-in-advance customer comes with second-class treatment in my experience. Get the receiver ID number (R01...) and smart card (S19...), run these by dish before buying to make sure it's legit.

· Godfather
378 Posts
Several years back I bought a pair of 811s used. Given the cost of the receivers and the money back when I sold them vs, the money not spent on leasing, it was about a wash. Your motivation for buying used might be different, however. Anyway, I am back to leasing, at least for now.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Wire Nut said:
Flex activation fee- It looks like rosterha already has an account so in this case it would not be an issue.
Thanks for the follow-up... I am not familiar with the flex-accounts. That's pretty steep especially for someone to have to pay after they buy a receiver. There would be zero reason to buy your own receiver for a flex-account if that's the case.

597 Posts
For new accounts:

With a FlexTV account, there would be an activation fee, and an upfront fee to get a receiver from us. We would also schedule an install for you.

For Activation Only, you purchase and install everything on your own. No activation fee on this, just the payment for your first month of service.

For existing accounts, if you plan on purchasing a receiver, be sure to have the Receiver number checked (R00) before you buy it. If the receiver you buy is leased, or on an account that has a balance, we would not be able to transfer it.

If the receiver is eligible, we can simply activate it for you. We can also schedule it to be installed for you if needed.

· Registered
1 Posts
Matt wrote: "For Activation Only, you purchase and install everything on your own. No activation fee on this, just the payment for your first month of service."

I have a previously activated, now de-activate 722k. Can I get dish to activate it now with only first month's fee?

Thank you,
Ernie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.