DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
For a Cardinals fans, this has been a tough week.First, Jack Buck and now Mr. Kile. I hope all baseball fans will send their thoughts and prayers out to Mrs. Kile and their 4 children
Kile was scheduled to pitch tomorrow.

Rest In Peace Darryl

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
There had to be at least an elevated cholesterol level. I too, am very surprised that there were no apparent warning signs. A pro athlete's health is one of the most scrutinized things around. Especially if the player as been traded, as the receiving team wants to make sure they aren't receiving damaged goods. I wondering if this tragedy could have been avoided...

·
Hall Of Fame
13,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not a Dr., but as a pastor I probably have as much contact with people with health problems as anyone else around here. Many times people with blockage do not show any significant warning signs until its over 95%, close to 100%. Then it hits like a ton of bricks. As far as the cholesterol level, I had a member of one of my churches who if anything would have seemed to have been a candidate for LOW cholesterol. His total number was about 118, and he was thin as a rail, in his 70's and he could outwork me any day. Had a five way bypass and died about a year later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.