DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everyone still having the problem when you search the guide via date & time? If i try to go to tuesday at 8pm I get wednesdays guide. It is always 1 day ahead. I thought it was due to the time change but it is still happening.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
mocciat said:
Is everyone still having the problem when you search the guide via date & time? If i try to go to tuesday at 8pm I get wednesdays guide. It is always 1 day ahead. I thought it was due to the time change but it is still happening.
Yea, I just tried it and got the same result. Maybe it will go away after tomorrow because of the whole DST thing.

·
Legend
248 Posts
No this is not due to the time change thing. I have been having this problem since the latest SW update. As a matter of fact, I just called it into DTV and they made their report and will send it to engineering.

More people need to call about it though. This is the first time I have seen it discussed on this forum.

Another issue (not that big of deal) is that when you delete a program from MY VOD list (after watching it -- not dash dash) it doesn't immediately disappear from the list. You have to exit and then come back for it to be gone. The only reason I mentioned it is because it has been happening since the last SW update.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
dthoman said:
No this is not due to the time change thing. I have been having this problem since the latest SW update. As a matter of fact, I just called it into DTV and they made their report and will send it to engineering.

More people need to call about it though. This is the first time I have seen it discussed on this forum.

Another issue (not that big of deal) is that when you delete a program from MY VOD list (after watching it -- not dash dash) it doesn't immediately disappear from the list. You have to exit and then come back for it to be gone. The only reason I mentioned it is because it has been happening since the last SW update.
The reason I made the comment about the DST is because all of my searches for dates prior to today have worked. So the last software update didn't affect me in that respect.

·
Legend
248 Posts
Twosted said:
The reason I made the comment about the DST is because all of my searches for dates prior to today have worked. So the last software update didn't affect me in that respect.
Well for some reason, I had this problem prior to the time change. I think I even mentioned it in the bugs thread, but it got overlooked.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
dthoman said:
Well for some reason, I had this problem prior to the time change. I think I even mentioned it in the bugs thread, but it got overlooked.
Yea, I don't know. One thing I did notice is that when you bring up the dates it shows "SUN 10/29" and has a second one listed as "Today".:confused:

·
Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Twosted said:
Same here

·
Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
matto said:
anyone who expects a dvr to keep track of dates is just a whiner
What are you talking about? The whole system is based on dates and times. Isn't that the point of recording something at a specific date and time to watch at a later time? I hope you were being sarcastic otherwise I think you are an idiot!!!

·
Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
has anyone noticed if this has been fixed?

·
Godfather
320 Posts
mocciat said:
What are you talking about? The whole system is based on dates and times. Isn't that the point of recording something at a specific date and time to watch at a later time? I hope you were being sarcastic otherwise I think you are an idiot!!!
Umm... I think he was kidding. :lol:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Now working properly for me.

·
Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine is fixed also. wierd

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
mocciat said:
Mine is fixed also. wierd
Did you do something to "fix" it or did it iron itself out? If it is the latter, it could be that it just took some time for the wierdness of the time change to percolate through the system.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Mine fixed itself without any action on my part. I think the problem was related to teh time change. Guess we'll see if it happens when we switch back in March.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.