DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Founder
Joined
·
17,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming this weekend (10-29) will be the first daylight saving time change for the HR20. I don't suspect there will be any problems. Just thought I would issue a warning to keep a close eye out for any issues that might occur.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Chris Blount said:
Coming this weekend (10-29) will be the first daylight saving time change for the HR20. I don't suspect there will be any problems. Just thought I would issue a warning to keep a close eye out for any issues that might occur.
I remember with my original rcvrs back in 95 that could automatically record programs to a VCR that after the time change I had to delete all reoccuring records and reneter them. Never understood why but recordings were scheduled by time, channel etc. I think the Tivo unit did a nice job on time changes so hopefully the HR20 will survive the time change. The HR20 has had its problems but alot less than my first receiver did with its built in VCR controls.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,952 Posts
spidey said:
I remember with my original rcvrs back in 95 that could automatically record programs to a VCR that after the time change I had to delete all reoccuring records and reneter them. Never understood why but recordings were scheduled by time, channel etc. I think the Tivo unit did a nice job on time changes so hopefully the HR20 will survive the time change. The HR20 has had its problems but alot less than my first receiver did with its built in VCR controls.
With the HR20 being so "Guide-centric", I would expect if the guide is updated properly the series will too...although it CERTAINLY would be wise to check! I won't know until the morning, as I don't stay up late enough to "watch it" change.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
63 Posts
Chris Blount said:
Coming this weekend (10-29) will be the first daylight saving time change for the HR20. I don't suspect there will be any problems. Just thought I would issue a warning to keep a close eye out for any issues that might occur.
So far having a manual recurring recording Monday - Friday from 10 AM - 10:30 AM results in it currently being scheduled for 9 AM - 9:30 AM starting this coming Monday. Not sure what will happen on Sunday if somehow this will magically correct itself to 10 AM EST or not. I'll be looking on Sunday to see what happens. So if anyone has manual recurring recordings set up they may want to check the times next week.
 

· Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
28,927 Posts
fdeitz said:
So far having a manual recurring recording Monday - Friday from 10 AM - 10:30 AM results in it currently being scheduled for 9 AM - 9:30 AM starting this coming Monday. Not sure what will happen on Sunday if somehow this will magically correct itself to 10 AM EST or not. I'll be looking on Sunday to see what happens. So if anyone has manual recurring recordings set up they may want to check the times next week.
That's interesting. It's actually accurate because today is DST and next week is Standard Time. Seems like it uses the appropriate clocking functions to determine when to record things. I suspect it will work correctly.
 

· Crivens!
Joined
·
768 Posts
brott said:
That's interesting. It's actually accurate because today is DST and next week is Standard Time. Seems like it uses the appropriate clocking functions to determine when to record things. I suspect it will work correctly.
True, but "normal" series link recordings (as opposed to manual recurring) do not show this time change. In other words, my Series Link for "NUMB3RS" shows as 9pm this week and next week, while the manual recording for South Park showed as 9pm this and shows as 8pm next week (on several different days, but that's s different problem).

So there's either a display bug or a performance bug - we'll know more on Sunday after the time change and, for me, on Monday morning after my HLN M-F 5:00 am recurring manual recording (which currently shows as 4:00 am for next week).
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
22 Posts
The HR20 did not handle daylight savings well for my manual recording. My manual recording is set for Sundays at 8pm but it recorded at 7pm instead. I deleted it and created a new manual recording and everything looks to be fine for this coming Sunday.

Now I have some sort of phantom manual recording that shows up in the todo list to record on that channel every day at 7pm but it doesn't actually record. I can't figure out how to delete it from the todo list, but since it doesn't actually record I don't really care.

Anyone else seeing this?
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
485 Posts
This has been reported and according to Earl has been fixed.:)
 

· Icon
Joined
·
650 Posts
starrsrg said:
The HR20 did not handle daylight savings well for my manual recording. My manual recording is set for Sundays at 8pm but it recorded at 7pm instead. I deleted it and created a new manual recording and everything looks to be fine for this coming Sunday.

Now I have some sort of phantom manual recording that shows up in the todo list to record on that channel every day at 7pm but it doesn't actually record. I can't figure out how to delete it from the todo list, but since it doesn't actually record I don't really care.

Anyone else seeing this?
Try highlighting it and pressing the dash button twice
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
22 Posts
mocciat said:
Try highlighting it and pressing the dash button twice
This did nothing for me. My todo list now contains a week of manual recordings dating back to October 31 I think. Each one is listed as Manual: Upcoming. They just keep piling up in my todo list. :confused: I really hope they fix this soon.
 

· DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
268 Posts
jgrade said:
This has been reported and according to Earl has been fixed.:)
Fixed, maybe, though the fix still hasn't been released (a week after DST ends). And whether it fixes an existing recordings is another matter. Gotta figure most people have already cancelled their manual records and re-set them.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top