DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first "Fall Back" that both the HR20 and the R15 have gone through....

So to be safe... take a quick look at your Series Records and Manual Records to make sure everything looks okay...
 

·
Crivens!
Joined
·
768 Posts
Recurring Manual Recordings, which looked broken yesterday (e.g., an "Every Wednesday at 9:00pm" recording showed as 8:00pm for the post-time change Wednesdays) remained broken after the time change. Even after powering down and back up, and after restarting the recorder, they were still wrong. Didn't have any non-recurring manuals, but all series link recordings seemed OK.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
63 Posts
Just J said:
Recurring Manual Recordings, which looked broken yesterday (e.g., an "Every Wednesday at 9:00pm" recording showed as 8:00pm for the post-time change Wednesdays) remained broken after the time change. Even after powering down and back up, and after restarting the recorder, they were still wrong. Didn't have any non-recurring manuals, but all series link recordings seemed OK.
I noticed the same thing. I was hoping the manual recurring recordings would get magically fixed overnight with the time zone change, but they didn't. Also, had set something to record on Discovery Channel last night that the guide listed starting at 2 AM (by just clicking the record button on the show in the guide). Instead, it apparently recorded the show that was on at 3 AM (I guess). Anyway, the guide apparently didn't take into account the time zone change properly, or something didn't work right with trying to record a show that was on right at the time the time zone change occurred.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,456 Posts
I had one recording last night at 11pm, and another this morning at 8:30am.

Both recorded perfectly (one HD, one SD). The clok is also correctly adjusted. Seems like DST change worked fine.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
63 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
I had one recording last night at 11pm, and another this morning at 8:30am.

Both recorded perfectly (one HD, one SD). The clok is also correctly adjusted. Seems like DST change worked fine.
DST change sure didn't work fine for manual recurring recordings (or shows that began at 2 AM in the morning) as noted above.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
My recordings were fine and they were recording at time of switch, my units autoupdated time at approx 2am.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
650 Posts
D* old me reset o fix the date being one day off....wow what a surprise and no it did not work incase you were wondering!!!!
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
166 Posts
I had my series link to record Dexter at 9:00 pm central time. My todo list showed it to record. When it did not start recording on-time, I manuall started it. While it was recording, I could not pause or rewind. I went into my VOD and played it from the beginning and all I got was a black screen.

I stopped the recording and told it to keep what it already had, but when I went to look, it was gone.

Luckily Dexter came on again at 10:00 pm and it started to record it on its own.

Yes, my time on the HR20 was correct and the guide was correct also.

I am going to reset tonight when I get home.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
187 Posts
Its just as likely that it was PBS Sprout's fault than my HR20, but I have a recurring daily recording of Sesame Street for my son, that goes every day at 5 am. Sunday's recording recorded at 5:00, but it was not Sesame Street. Sprout may have messed up their scheduling for DST. None of my other recordings seemed to have a problem.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
420 Posts
patsrule316 said:
Its just as likely that it was PBS Sprout's fault than my HR20, but I have a recurring daily recording of Sesame Street for my son, that goes every day at 5 am. Sunday's recording recorded at 5:00, but it was not Sesame Street. Sprout may have messed up their scheduling for DST. None of my other recordings seemed to have a problem.
My experience with PBS Sprout has shown that they don't take start/stop times very seriously. I'd look into that first.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top