DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will this be available on the free tier of Peacock or only on the Premium tier?

Also that excuse of people who don't have internet is a very small minority of the population and most of those probably don't have internet by
The Internet is riddled with people that are in an uproar. The angry are always louder than those unbothered or excited about something.

We've got to get past this glittering generality that "older people don't know how to stream." The internet isn't fledgling tech anymore. Older citizens are using smartphones and other technology on a daily basis. Let's not act like finding a program on a streaming service is rocket science. If folks want to watch a program, they'll figure out a way.
I am elderly and do not have internet available except on cellphone. All it does with streaming is a wheel going round and round. Even phone calls are dropped. Watched from day1. Now i won't get to see Rolf wake Stephan.
. I am certain tomorrow will be all about Queen's death.

The Internet is riddled with people that are in an uproar. The angry are always louder than those unbothered or excited about something.

We've got to get past this glittering generality that "older people don't know how to stream." The internet isn't fledgling tech anymore. Older citizens are using smartphones and other technology on a daily basis. Let's not act like finding a program on a streaming service is rocket science. If folks want to watch a program, they'll figure out a way.
I have watched since day 1 and I am elderly.
I have tried streaming but I watch a little sheet gonround and round. No cable and if there were cable I couldn't afford it. No computer or tablet. Only my cellphone with no 5g available. Dropped calls.
I live alone and watching Days was highlight of my day.
I don't get to watch Rolf wake Stephan. I just watched my last 30 minutes of Days which was interrupted by Queen's Death.

Product Font Screenshot Circle Logo

Product Font Screenshot Circle Logo

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I have watched since day 1 and I am elderly.
I have tried streaming but I watch a little sheet gonround and round. No cable and if there were cable I couldn't afford it. No computer or tablet. Only my cellphone with no 5g available. Dropped calls.
I live alone and watching Days was highlight of my day.
You may qualify for free or low-cost home internet service through the US government's Affordable Connectivity Program. If you live alone and have a total household income of $27,180 or less, then you qualify. Or if you are on Medicaid, receive SSI or Veterans Pension, or live in public housing, then you automatically qualify. You can read about it and apply for the program here:

Do you know which cable and/or telephone (fiber) companies serves your neighborhood? If so, I could help you figure out how to get internet installed and what the cost would be. As I say, it might be completely free.

After getting home internet, if you want to be able to stream Peacock (the app that now plays Days of Our Lives) on your TV, I would recommend this $20 device from Walmart (which actually comes with six months of free Peacock service):

onn. Android TV 4K UHD Streaming Device with Voice Remote Control

If you have a neighbor or family member in your area who could help you get this all set up, that would be ideal. But I'm happy to help you as best I can here.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts