DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They should just throw a set of Goodyear 50's rain tires on em, and go out there and race.
Cant have any less wrecks than they did in the truck and Nationwide race...

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Sucks for all the fans...

I had the misfortune of going to the first Indianapolis 500 that was rained out.
Wasn't able to make it back for the make-up running...

But there is nothing can be done... at those speeds, that design of track and tires... simply can't do it if the track is isn't totally dry.

· Hall Of Fame
1,714 Posts
what also sucks is the people who had to go home. People with plane tickets, etc logistically people on monday are home where they live, with tickets are forced to either watch on tv or miss all together due to work, etc. i just hope nascar refunds them the ticket.

what's real funny is this race was already delayed by 1 week, it was push back due to superbowl. last weekend was great taht would have been the actual start day for daytona 500. but we are where we are.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Looks like it may even rain out today.

95% chance of Thunderstorms out there today, till after 7pm.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Herdfan said:
Unless something major changes with the weather, I don't see it happening today. But Daytona does have lights. That would be cool.
They were talking about that last night, as an option to run it as a night race.
Would help with the TV Ratings as well.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
tenpins said:
Heard on radio that race is NOW Scheduled to start at 7:00 PM ET. Night racing is always good.
ESPN.COM just posted and confirmed that as well...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.