DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1*
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a loss as to where to post this... Is anyone else having issues with Forum Runner giving an error regarding Push Notifications when first launching the DBSTalk app? I've included a screen cap of the error I'm getting. As far as I can tell I have my settings correct.

- Merg

Attachments

·
Icon
987 Posts
"The Merg" said:
Was at a loss as to where to post this... Is anyone else having issues with Forum Runner giving an error regarding Push Notifications when first launching the DBSTalk app? I've included a screen cap of the error I'm getting. As far as I can tell I have my settings correct.

- Merg
Yes I'm having the same issue too.

·
AllStar
127 Posts
spartanstew said:
Yes, they're moving to a new platform and will initially only have tapatalk for mobile devices.
Perhaps with support for the normal TapaTalk app? Forums with dedicated apps end up in the second-page folder ghetto on my iPhone, while the main Tapatalk app sits on page 1. It would be great to have DBSTalk alongside the other forums that I visit in the main app.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stewart Vernon said:
Moved to support forum.
Thanks Stewart...

Now here's a strange issue... I can see the Forum called "Forum Related Topics", but it shows nothing inside it. Thus, I can't see the sub-forum "Forum Support". I do have "Forum Support" selected under my UserCP options as a forum to be visible to me.

The only way I can see the "Forum Support" forum is to come to this thread via the Moved one from OT and then to click on the "Forum Support" above the thread that displays the directory tree.

- Merg

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
The Merg said:
Thanks Stewart...

Now here's a strange issue... I can see the Forum called "Forum Related Topics", but it shows nothing inside it. Thus, I can't see the sub-forum "Forum Support". I do have "Forum Support" selected under my UserCP options as a forum to be visible to me.

The only way I can see the "Forum Support" forum is to come to this thread via the Moved one from OT and then to click on the "Forum Support" above the thread that displays the directory tree.

- Merg
I see it just fine, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem... I'm asking around to look into why you can't see the Forum Support forum directly. Hard to post a support request if you can't get to the forum!

·
1*
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stewart Vernon said:
I see it just fine, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem... I'm asking around to look into why you can't see the Forum Support forum directly. Hard to post a support request if you can't get to the forum!
Well, it's popping up now. I went back and deselected everything from my custom list and reselected the forums I wanted and it is showing up. It was strange that I could see the top-level forum, but not the support sub-forum.

- Merg

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
The DBSTalk app 1.5.15 was just listed as an update available for my iPhone 4S. It lists the push notification fix in the release notes. I updated and can verify the pop-up is gone.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, I am not getting the error message, but I also did not get a push notification for a PM that I received today.

- Merg

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
"The Merg" said:
Okay, I am not getting the error message, but I also did not get a push notification for a PM that I received today.

- Merg
I just received a push notification for your post to this thread. You may correct the issue by rebooting the device.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
I received the DBSTalk.com Android app yesterday and now I am getting PM notices pushed to my phone. This is probably a really cool feature for most people.

So far that is the only thing I notice, otherwise it works great!

·
Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,287 Posts
"Scott Kocourek" said:
I received the DBSTalk.com Android app yesterday and now I am getting PM notices pushed to my phone. This is probably a really cool feature for most people.

So far that is the only thing I notice, otherwise it works great!
Just go into the app settings, scroll down and uncheck push notifications, if you don't want it. That feature has always been there.
There is a new tab at the top.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.