DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
I also have the 14-XXX error (don't remember the entire code) on a 3 year old box. Tech support said there is no way to recover anything, and this will cause a household revolt. Can I also try the diagnostic test? It's a leased unit, but is there any method to recover the programs? I'm probably not savvy enough to remove the drive and run those test programs you described.

For future reference, how would I backup programs. It's possible on cell phones and computers, why not DVR's?

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
thanks for the tips on future backup options.

For the current situation, I have the code 14-292. I hit select and it seems to acknowledge and try to enter diagnostic mode, but no further progress. DTV support says I have no way to recover the files, just want to see if there are other options.

You can send memory cards and hard drives to recovery firms even though it's real expensive to get the data. Is that an option here?

I've seen others mention they aren't allowed to remove the hard drive, but if I replace it after data is recovered, will DTV still know? I guess if I did recover files, I probably wouldn't be able to transfer them to the new drive or read them another way?

thx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.