DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wanted to include a HD DVR with 2 HD Receivers, there is no package currently available with Dish Network. Dish Network told me that I would need to purchase the HD Receiver or HD DVR from a retailer.

Current packages only allow customers to have either 2 HD Reciever or 1 HD DVR. As each household gets more than 1 HDTV and if they would also like to record HD programs, Dish Network has no package available to meet their needs. This will really be an obstacle for Dish Network to attract customers.

Today, with Comcast cable, you can have as many HD receivers and HD DVRs you want with just additional Receiver and DVR fees. However, with Dish Network, there is an upfront payment of $200 for the HD DVR and you have to purchase the 2nd HD Receiver from a retailer at more than $500.....

Any suggestions??

·
Hall Of Fame
1,884 Posts
Check with one of the local retailers. They offered to open a different account under a slightly different name. For instance, it might be Joe B Smith instead of Joseph Smith. I didn't need the second HDR but the offer was there, and cheaper than DISH.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
Contact the exec resolution team and they can help you. Their email address is [email protected]. If you are a present E* sub include your acct info, phone #, when to contact you. They usually are very good about calling you. If you are not a sub then telling them this is what is stopping you from coming to E*.

·
Icon
687 Posts
Just did a New install with 2 622s and 2 211s.

He had to buy 1 622
got both 211s and 622 on lease.
199.00 upgrade fee for the leased 622.

·
Mentor
30 Posts
ssmith10pn said:

He had to buy 1 622
Me too... my local installer got me a 622 for $199 and (2) 211's for free (on lease).
I should get back at least $100 from Dish via their offer. So it's doable.

·
4 Posts
ssmith10pn said:

He had to buy 1 622
This is the sticking point for my switch from DTV to Dish. I need 2 DVRs. I called Dish and american satellite and they state that this can't be done. The 622 is not being offered on lease, even a single unit has to be bought. Is there a code opr web page that would direct me to this deal or please PM me with advice.

Dave

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
DaveN said:
This is the sticking point for my switch from DTV to Dish. I need 2 DVRs. I called Dish and american satellite and they state that this can't be done. The 622 is not being offered on lease, even a single unit has to be bought. Is there a code opr web page that would direct me to this deal or please PM me with advice.

Dave
Again contact the exec resolution team at [email protected]. They are allowed to do deals diff from the standard one's on the website or that the standard CSR can give you. You hve referred others and they now have 2 622's on lease.

·
4 Posts
Best deal offered was if I purchased the two 622's for $199 a piece they would throw in a standard HD receiver for my third room. "The demand is so high on the 622 that we can't do any better". Should I take this deal or do you think that a local installer might be able to swing two 622's if I buy one?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,295 Posts
Just so you know, you're not buying two 622's for $199 each. You're paying an upgrade fee, and still leasing the receivers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.