DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently relocated from another state and my wife upgraded her R11 (?) to a HR21 for $99. A couple months later, I called DirecTv trying to get my R15 upgraded also to a HR21-22 since we now have HD. I called several times to get a deal other than the $199 rate but the last CSR told me I would have to wait 6 months (from my wife's $99 upgrade deal) to get the same deal.

This CSR was the only one who told me this but I'm wondering if it is true. Does anyone have experience with this and know if I can really upgrade my R15 for only $99?

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
When you moved you used a movers connection. That order has a potential, based on the account, to give a $100 rebate like a new customer.

Any other upgrade will be normal price unless at a later time you're eligible for another discount. Those discounts are setup by business rules and sometimes based on what the CSR feels as far as risk vs reward on your acct.

You can save $30 by going to Costco they usually have the HD DVR for 169. I know that BB will do $169 on HR 21 models but not HR22 models. You don't need installation since you're replacing a dvr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.