DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad finally made the leap and bought an HDTV - Samsung DLP.
He is an exisiting Dish customer and now is upgrading to HD.
He got the 622 and installation (I assume new dish) for $199

Is that a good deal? Sound about right?


I am a D* customer so I have no idea how his pricing compares but I told him I would at least look into it for him.


Thanks for any info
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
79 Posts
DustB said:
My dad finally made the leap and bought an HDTV - Samsung DLP.
He is an exisiting Dish customer and now is upgrading to HD.
He got the 622 and installation (I assume new dish) for $199

Is that a good deal? Sound about right?

I am a D* customer so I have no idea how his pricing compares but I told him I would at least look into it for him.

Thanks for any info
Hey thats the brand i just got samsung, the upgrade price is great plus you get $100 back on a rebate form he should've gotten from the installer. Actually I'm a local installer & I'm thinking about updating from a 625 to 622. The price is right!

Mike
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
yep, that's the going rate for the lease, and make sure he gets the $10 for 10 months ($100 total) rebate for upgrading to an HD metal pak for the first time. He'll need to get the rebate form, fill it out, attach a copy of his first Dish bill with the new package on it and mail it in within 60 days of his install.
 

·
Godfather/Supporter
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
Hey Rob,

If you already had the old HD pack but upgrade to a 622 and new HD metal pack do you still qualify for the rebate?

Rob Glasser said:
yep, that's the going rate for the lease, and make sure he gets the $10 for 10 months ($100 total) rebate for upgrading to an HD metal pak for the first time. He'll need to get the rebate form, fill it out, attach a copy of his first Dish bill with the new package on it and mail it in within 60 days of his install.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
ibglowin said:
Hey Rob,

If you already had the old HD pack but upgrade to a 622 and new HD metal pack do you still qualify for the rebate?
If by old you mean the one they sold with the 921s and 942s for $9.99 a month I believe, then yes you still qualify. In order to get the rebate you have to be subscribing to one of the 'metal' packs for the first time (i.e. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum).
 

·
Godfather/Supporter
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
Yea,
My Dad just went from and 811 with the old HD pack to a new 622 with the metal pack. He'll be very happy to get an extra $100 off the deal.

Is the rebate form still on the Dish website?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top