DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I'm at work, and was asked by a fellow co-worker for help.

He's got a single H20, had it for about a year. He can pull up the menus and all that, but all birds are reading zero - his dish is properly aimed.

He talked to DTV CS to 4 different people and they ran him through the usual battery of tests. He replaced his coax with brand new RG6, and through CS was able to determine that he had the BBC set up correct.

Basically, all he can get when he tries to tune a channel is "no satellites found"...an error message to that effect.

My question is...for some reason, can't he take the BBC out of the mix and still get the standard def channels to tune into an H20? I'm more or less trying to help him eliminate what could be wrong...and I'm suspecting its his BBC.

Any way you could recemmend in offering advise on how to diagnose this issue, mucho appreciando.

· Hall Of Fame
1,510 Posts
bagdropper said:
Long story short, I'm at work, and was asked by a fellow co-worker for help.

He's got a single H20, had it for about a year. He can pull up the menus and all that, but all birds are reading zero - his dish is properly aimed.

He talked to DTV CS to 4 different people and they ran him through the usual battery of tests. He replaced his coax with brand new RG6, and through CS was able to determine that he had the BBC set up correct.

Basically, all he can get when he tries to tune a channel is "no satellites found"...an error message to that effect.

My question is...for some reason, can't he take the BBC out of the mix and still get the standard def channels to tune into an H20? I'm more or less trying to help him eliminate what could be wrong...and I'm suspecting its his BBC.

Any way you could recemmend in offering advise on how to diagnose this issue, mucho appreciando.
He should contact DirecTV and get them to solve it.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Yes, I would start with removing the BBC. I think that's a great diagnostic step. He should be able to get all the SD channels and be able to see all the satellites in the signal meter screen. If that one step solves everything, then DIRECTV can send him a new BBC. Failing that, the next step would be for someone like yourself to bring over an H20 receiver and try it to see if it works for you with or without the BBC.

Note: Technically, bringing a receiver to another location that is not your home or someplace you own is a violation of your customer agreement. I'm sure we all agree for the sake of diagnosis this is fair, but please do not leave one of your receivers on his site.

If your H20 works with the BBC, your friend needs a new receiver.

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
H20-600s with no sticker on the bottom are being recalled by DirecTV, but probably most of those affected have gotten the phone call by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.