DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· DBSTalk Club Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my birthday is December 1st (seriously). I'd like a small present from D*. Not too big. Let's make it a PUB, and think back to 2001 a space odyssey.

Bill

· AllStar
59 Posts
Capmeister said:
My b-day is Friday too.

I'm not expecting much from D*. ;)
It would be a nice perk if D* would give a few PPV movie to the person who's name on the bill, for their b-day. I'm not saying give them to each kid in the house but it would be a nice perk. I know of a few companies, here and there, that do other similar things for people on their b-day's.

· Icon
767 Posts
nFavor said:
It would be a nice perk if D* would give a few PPV movie to the person who's name on the bill, for their b-day. I'm not saying give them to each kid in the house but it would be a nice perk. I know of a few companies, here and there, that do other similar things for people on their b-day's.
Believe it or not when I first signed up with D* back in 1995, they sent out vouchers for 2 or 3 free ppv movies in a Christmas card. If you ordered a movie, you would just send the voucher in with your bill and they took it off. Boy, how times have changed.

· Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,178 Posts
D* gave me an HR20 for $100. I'm not crying. I don't need the people I pay for a service to keep giving me gifts.

· Hall Of Fame
2,012 Posts
Bad Rex said:
I'm a 2001 fan and it went over my head too.

I got a free HR20 for my B-day back in Sept. and I'm happy with it.

· AllStar
91 Posts
bnglbill said:
Believe it or not when I first signed up with D* back in 1995, they sent out vouchers for 2 or 3 free ppv movies in a Christmas card. If you ordered a movie, you would just send the voucher in with your bill and they took it off. Boy, how times have changed.
I used to get one free voucher each month with my bill. I believe they were $2.50 or $2.99 then. Have to admit, I rarely used it (big fan of OAR, which they rarely did back then).

· Legend
192 Posts
Capmeister said:
D* gave me an HR20 for $100. I'm not crying. I don't need the people I pay for a service to keep giving me gifts.
Technically they gave you the "privilege" to lease the box for them, not the box itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.