DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone, who has never changed either the UHF or IR Factory Default Remote Address on their 722, please look on page 1 of System Information, and let me know what the original Factory Settings are, I would greatly appreciate it.

· Registered
2,396 Posts
Ken Green said:
If someone, who has never changed either the UHF or IR Factory Default Remote Address on their 722, please look on page 1 of System Information, and let me know what the original Factory Settings are, I would greatly appreciate it.
For the last few years the 622's and 722 have been assigned random initial settings. The reason for ceasing to assign a default 1 was due to the growth in the number of subscribers, they were getting more and more trouble calls about receivers changing channels, etc. The change to a random initial assignment reduced the number of calls by some fifteen (16?) fold. :)

· Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SaltiDawg said:
For the last few years the 622's and 722 have been assigned random initial settings. The reason for ceasing to assign a default 1 was due to the growth in the number of subscribers, they were getting more and more trouble calls about receivers changing channels, etc. The change to a random initial assignment reduced the number of calls by some fifteen (16?) fold. :)
I guess I'm mistaken...I seem to recall each of mine arriving with the same remote addresses, and having to change them :confused:

· Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SaltiDawg said:
If it was a few years ago, that would have been likely. Since the change in methodology, it would be unlikely but not impossible.
Considering I can barely remember which room my PC is in every day, you're probably correct :lol:

Seriously, my first 622 was the month they were first released, the second about a year later. Those are the only two "like" receivers I have, but I seem to recall the 722 coming set to UHF-1 and IR-2, and the 612 set to UHF-1. I've since changed the 612 to IR...so, basically, I'm yet again, still clueless!

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
All of the receivers that we get have the Remote ID set to "1", both single and dual-output receivers. My techs must manually change the TV2 to something else to avoid conflicts.

Note that the new 612 receiver doesn't work out of the box with the remote, as the remote comes in RF mode, while the receiver expects IR mode. Changing the Remote ID re-synchs the remote to the receiver, and all is well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.