DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to delete a program as you're watching it, without going back into the play list? I mean like I can with the DirecTivo, if it's far enough in, 2 lefts brings up the delete screen.

· Cool Member
11 Posts
I believe if you press the record button while recording a program you are watching, a menu will display asking whether to Keep Recording, Stop & Keep, or Stop & Delete. Select Stop & Delete and the current recording stops and is deleted.

· Cool Member
11 Posts
I thought you were asking about stopping a live recording and delting. I realize now you were asking about deleting a previously recorded program while watching from the play list. Sorry, i haven't figured out how to do that yet. I tried the double dash method like deleting from the playlist, but doesn't delete while playing the recorded program, you would still have to return to playlist to use this method. Sorry I wasn't able to help.

· Hall Of Fame
2,017 Posts
The easiest way I've found is to hit the back button and that brings you back to your list with the recording you were just watching highlighted (that is if you don't do anything else while you are recording as the back button will then take you there instead of your list) and then do the double dash.

Or, if you are close to the end of the recording, just hit the FF a few times and then it will bring up the keep or delete. I wish that if you close to the end and hit list it would ask you to keep or delete like Tivo, but it doesn't.

Or, you can hit stop, which should take you to the list with the recording highlighted, so then you can do the double dash.

I've found there are usually multiple ways to do something with the unit and you just need to find the one you like to use the most and the one you think is the easiest.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
There's another way:

Info > OK (More Info is highlighted) will take you to the play options screen which lets you delete.

I prefer mtnagel's method, while my wife likes the Info > OK method (unless she's close to the end anyway)

· Godfather
485 Posts
On a slithgly different note, is there a way to delete an entire group (same show grouped together) at once? I have looked but so far I can;t find a way.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
jgrade said:
On a slithgly different note, is there a way to delete an entire group (same show grouped together) at once? I have looked but so far I can;t find a way.
Menu > Mark and Delete works pretty well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.