DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Godfather
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I finished watching Two and a Half Men. I had 2 of them recorded. I hit stop. It then went back to the "My Playlist" screen. It was sitting on the episode of Two and a Half Men that I had just watched. So I hit (-) twice. Then the DVR REALLY displayed what what it was on. It collapsed the Two and a Half Men group, which put the selection right on the high definition recording of Return of the King that I hadn't watched yet. Then it deleted it.

What a POS. :mad:

Oh, then I went into the History and saw that tons of stuff is "Cancelled" that should be recording. I don't know what the hell is going on with this thing. :nono2:

I don't know how they hell they managed to get a modern system so damn slow.

·
AllStar
58 Posts
My system started being pretty slow. I had to restart it for some reason I don't remember and it was fast again. You might try doing that and see if that helps, although it won't bring back your deleted program. :)

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Ouch on LOTR in HD being deleted. I was planning on recording all 3 on Sunday, but then that pesky Sunday ticket blackout killed TNT HD for a good part of Fellowship... (but let's save those gripes for another thread ;) )

I too have noticed that the HR20 can be slow in the menus at times. Sometimes when I exit from a recording and go back to the playlist it's lightning fast, and other times it is quite sluggish in menu response. Could definitely use a little improvement. If you find that it's slow most of the time, your best bet is to delete it through the menus instead of the double dash method.

Regarding your history stuff, are those cancellations old or recent?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
ShapeGSX said:
They are in the future. :confused:
The dates listed are when the recording was supposed to take place, not when they were deleted. In the previous updates everything got canceled and rescheduled when the HR20 did a reboot (or got an update since a reboot is part of that process). The latest national release no longer puts those cancellations into the history menu. Perhaps the canceled shows were a result of a previous reset with the older firmware? Check your ToDo list and make sure all the stuff you think should be recording in the next 2 weeks is in there. If it is, then you're fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.