DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Icon
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way you can delete them out of the history? I delete the shows I have watched, but they show up in the history as deleted. Not sure what purpose it serves to keep the titles there, just an annoyance for me I guess.
Thanks

·
Legend
115 Posts
Cobra said:
is there a way you can delete them out of the history? I delete the shows I have watched, but they show up in the history as deleted. Not sure what purpose it serves to keep the titles there, just an annoyance for me I guess.
Thanks
There is at the present time no way to delete the history. You can order more and record more to create a new history log they will fall off the more you record.

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Sorry, you can't delete the history, as it is stored on the access card (if we're talking about ppv) The only way to get rid of it is to cut the card in half, call D* and order a new card ($20). If you're committing mirroring fraud though, ACDT agents, the only ones that can order cards, will find out sooner than they would otherwise.

·
Icon
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
horza1337 said:
Sorry, you can't delete the history, as it is stored on the access card (if we're talking about ppv) The only way to get rid of it is to cut the card in half, call D* and order a new card ($20). If you're committing mirroring fraud though, ACDT agents, the only ones that can order cards, will find out sooner than they would otherwise.
not sure why you bring that up I am not doing anything illegal:nono2: it was just a simple question, so you know where you can take your accusations

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
That was an 'over-the-top' response to your question - I'm not sure where that came from???

A view from the other side, with my TiVos, I would sometimes review the history to see if some programs were deleted because "they expired" and I didn't extend their save-to date in time. Helped me fill in the gaps of what I had watched and didn't and what I needed to make sure I recorded if there was a repeat that wouldn't otherwise record (the whole 28 days thing).

Also, when the HR20 was having major recording problems, it helped me to know why something didn't record, or if it was one of the partial/delete recordings, etc.

I do think the history is a helpful tool and can see why they would include that feature versus leaving it out, but at this point, as has been mentioned, I don't believe there's any way to clean it up.

·
Icon
552 Posts
Since I have not upgraded from the HR10-250 to the HR20-700 yet, I am not sure whether this is true or not.

Assuming that the new box has an option like the HR10-250 to prevent recording re-runs of shows, it is possible that the history is used by the box to determine what shows you have already recorded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.