DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum but could not find the answer to two questions regarding recurring recordings:

1. Recurring Manual Recordings - how do I delete the entire recurring recording? I can delete the individual recordings in the ToDo list, but I cannot delete the "series." Any suggestions? I come from using UltimateTV and could delete in the series menu.

2. Recurring Recordings - how do I delete recurring recordings that have no shows in the guide (e.g. does not show up in the ToDo list). Example is Survivor. The last show was yeaterday & now I want to delete the series and remove it from the prioritizer, but I cannot figure this out.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin :confused:

·
I am Iron Man!
1,672 Posts
kevin o said:
I searched the forum but could not find the answer to two questions regarding recurring recordings:

1. Recurring Manual Recordings - how do I delete the entire recurring recording? I can delete the individual recordings in the ToDo list, but I cannot delete the "series." Any suggestions? I come from using UltimateTV and could delete in the series menu.

2. Recurring Recordings - how do I delete recurring recordings that have no shows in the guide (e.g. does not show up in the ToDo list). Example is Survivor. The last show was yeaterday & now I want to delete the series and remove it from the prioritizer, but I cannot figure this out.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin :confused:
You go to the "priority" screen (after you go to LIST--> To do). You will find all the series recordings you have. Select the one you want to delete and hit the dash (-) button on the remote twice. The dash button is the same one as the star on your phone (lowest left).

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gcisko said:
You go to the "priority" screen (after you go to LIST--> To do). You will find all the series recordings you have. Select the one you want to delete and hit the dash (-) button on the remote twice. The dash button is the same one as the star on your phone (lowest left).
Does not work. When I go to the prioritizer and use the dash, dash method, nothing happens.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Kevin

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Hi, Kevin,

You don't say which version of the software you have. It might make a difference with the manual recurring recordings.

Easy way is to hit dash twice, but if thats not working, you should be able to highlight an item in the prioritizer, hit the select button. IIRC that will take you to a menu whereby you can modify the recording settings or cancel the recording. (And the first time i did that, I thought it meant to cancel my changes--nooooo it means to cancel the recording...)

Good luck and Merry Christmas,
Tom

·
ke6cdn
424 Posts
kevin o said:
Does not work. When I go to the prioritizer and use the dash, dash method, nothing happens.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Kevin
Kevin,

Try pressing the Record button twice instead of the Dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.