DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ABC affiliate is the first station in Michigan to offer high-def news.

By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (November 16, 2006) -- WXYZ-TV, the ABC affiliate in Detroit, has begun broadcasting its local news programs in High-Definition TV.

According to a station release, the high-def launch began last week. The station, channel 7 in the Detroit area, is the first in Michigan to air the news in HD.

"This is a watershed moment in Detroit TV," says Grace Gilchrist, WXYZ-TV's vice president and general manager. "It reinforces our tradition of leadership, innovation and excellence in broadcasting."

WXYZ-TV produces 31 hours of news each week, all of which is now broadcast in high-def.

Approximately 20 local stations nationwide are now broadcasting local news programs in HD.

=======
Source: http://www.tvpredictions.com/detroitnews111606.htm

·
Legend
209 Posts
KUSA (NBC affiliate) here in Denver had been doing their local news in HD for quite a while. It's great, and even their remote cameras, helicopter cams, etc are HD. I'm sure it's expensive to upgrade the equipment, but I'm surprised more stations haven't made the switch.

·
5 Posts
Knepster said:
KUSA (NBC affiliate) here in Denver had been doing their local news in HD for quite a while. It's great, and even their remote cameras, helicopter cams, etc are HD. I'm sure it's expensive to upgrade the equipment, but I'm surprised more stations haven't made the switch.
Thats excellent. Here in Detroit WXYZ's HD news is limited to what is done in studio. The remote cams and chopper cam are done in SD with side bars or stretched SD.

Also im surprised it took this long to hit the news as I have been watching WXYZ news in HD since early October.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts