DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this should be in a different area, but I need soom input.

Anyone having problems with KDFW Fox 4 OTA and via D* mpeg 4.

Just trying to figure out if it's my set up or a station problem. Via D* Mpeg4 I am getting a/v dropouts (blue screen) on all D* receivers (HR20, 2 H20's). I get it on KDFI 27 also (Fox 4 affiliate).

I can be watching via OTA (90%) and see a slight signal drop and lose audio, I then flip it to the Mpeg4 channel and witness it there also with full a/v drop (blue screen)

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Legend
121 Posts
You are not the only one experiencing this problem.

I noticed the same A/V drops during the 9.00 PM and 10.00 PM news broadcast on my HR-20 via D*. But my R-15 did not experience any A/V drops. I wonder if Fox 4 is experiencing problems with their HD broadcast equipment.

I will let you know if it happens again.

Thanks,

·
5 Posts
SFS97 said:
Sorry if this should be in a different area, but I need soom input.

Anyone having problems with KDFW Fox 4 OTA and via D* mpeg 4.

Just trying to figure out if it's my set up or a station problem. Via D* Mpeg4 I am getting a/v dropouts (blue screen) on all D* receivers (HR20, 2 H20's). I get it on KDFI 27 also (Fox 4 affiliate).

I can be watching via OTA (90%) and see a slight signal drop and lose audio, I then flip it to the Mpeg4 channel and witness it there also with full a/v drop (blue screen)

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
You are not alone! +KDFW-DT FOX 4-1 has had issues with dropouts for some time now. It seems to happen most often during their news broadcast. The problem is with them, not with your equipment. I have seen it on my HR10-250 OTA tuner, my Samsung HL-R4266W DLP TV OTA tuner, and now I still see it on my HR20 both MPEG4 satellite and OTA tuner. Several others have also reported seeing dropouts on KDFW-DT 4-1 over at AVSForum.com.

·
Legend
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

This may also apply to other users having these kinds of issues in other cities. It's not always a D* or HR20 issue.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
My family has been asking me about this same issue, and I assumed it was Fox4s HD fault, not the unit.

·
Mentor
39 Posts
I just started a thread about this, anyway I am getting it bad tonight. I am trying to watch the bowl game, and so far I have had four or so audio drop outs and three blue screens. This is getting annoying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.