DBSTalk Forum banner

Did it again? Software update during autotune (4080)

1104 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  dreamyip
I guess nobody at DTV has a clue? This is the second update this month and once again it occurred in the middle of an autotune -- 2 more recordings fubar'd because someone in their engineering team can't get their head out of their asses!!

I don't see any other mention of the software though, H21-200, 4080 downloaded 7/30 at 3:53am EDT. Did everyone get this?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Why don't you just get a DVR? You'll end up with better picture quality as well.
Arisian said:
I don't see any other mention of the software though, H21-200, 4080 downloaded 7/30 at 3:53am EDT. Did everyone get this?
I received the same software (4080) download to my H23-600 on July 30. Results are "mixed" at this point.
RobertE said:
Why don't you just get a DVR? You'll end up with better picture quality as well.
Are you saying a DVR is always better than a stand alone HD receiver? Can I get a DVR but don't subscribe the HD DVR package?
dreamyip said:
Are you saying a DVR is always better than a stand alone HD receiver? Can I get a DVR but don't subscribe the HD DVR package?
Q1 Yes
Q2 No

IMHO a DVR is the only choice in choosing a receiver.

No you can't get a DVR without the DVR service.
RobertE said:
Q1 Yes
Q2 No

IMHO a DVR is the only choice in choosing a receiver.

No you can't get a DVR without the DVR service.
Thanks, that's what I thought... anyway, I may consider...
Yes, I have an H21-200 and received the 0x4080 upgrade during the middle of the night on July 31. Anyone know what this update fixed/added?
gruversm said:
Yes, I have an H21-200 and received the 0x4080 upgrade during the middle of the night on July 31. Anyone know what this update fixed/added?
Here you go....

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=134114
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.