DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference between the Clear 5LNB for the Slimline compared to the White one? Is the Clear the SWM one? Just got really confused reading something

·
Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
Mertzen said:
I had the clear [ eagle aspen I think ] LNB not work with the SWM switch if it is of any information.
That's troubling. Wonder if that was a one-off instance or if it's a generalized problem?

compnurd said:
My clear is Zinwell
Is Zinwell manufacturing LNB's now? (Andrew, Eagle Aspen, WistronNeWeb, and Calamp)

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
K4SMX said:
That's troubling. Wonder if that was a one-off instance or if it's a generalized problem?

Is Zinwell manufacturing LNB's now? (Andrew, Eagle Aspen, WistronNeWeb, and Calamp)
Haven't heard anything regarding the first issue. As far as I know, Zinwell is not making Slimline LNBs.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
RobertE said:
As far as I know, Zinwell is not making Slimline LNBs.
Yeah. While I know from my FTA days that Zinwell makes Ku-band LNBFs, I haven't ever heard of them making LNB assemblies for the Slimline.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Mine is made my Zinwell. Called a SL5-Z and says Zinwell on it

it is supposed to be replaced tommorrow because this one came all scratched up

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
compnurd said:

Interesting -- as mentioned, I didn't know that such a beast existed.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
compnurd said:

it is supposed to be replaced tomorrow because this one came all scratched up
Make sure they put two LNB bolts in there. Anything less is a QC fail and if reported to D* should automatically generate a truck roll

·
Legend
246 Posts
Mertzen said:
I had the clear [ eagle aspen I think ] LNB not work with the SWM switch if it is of any information.
I currently have a SWM-8 working off of an Eagle Aspen slimline LNB, FWIW

·
Hall Of Fame
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mertzen said:
Make sure they put two LNB bolts in there. Anything less is a QC fail and if reported to D* should automatically generate a truck roll
yeh they are coming tomorrow

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
compnurd said:

I stand corrected then. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well tech came out and replaced LNB. Got my 103 up a far amount. Mid 80's to mid 90's now. I do however have a bad BBC on Tuner 2. Signals about 25 points lower then tuner 1 and perfect without it. (only on 101/110/119 though) I ordered 2 on the website. anyone know how long they take?

·
Registered
725 Posts
4barrell said:
I see a Zinwell 5 LNB for sale on Ebay with pictures. (auction# 170244487028) I guess they do exist.
well there you go :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.