DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Icon
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen BB DECA, CCK, WCCK and just DECA. I'm changing out to a SWM16 and will be needed 'deca' for a couple new recivers. Everything else I have is wired ethernet.

I'm not clear on what device(s) give me the features I currently have being wired.

Can I just install the white DECA modules, one at a splitter off the swm1 port and one at each new device (H23 / HR21 (I know not really 'new)).
(off of same splitter)

Should I then use a BSF between the other splitter and the swm2 port to isolated the wired ethernet devices?

· Hall Of Fame
8,882 Posts
Yes you can put a white (or new black) DECA unit off a 2 way splitter from an existing H/HR coax with the ethernet to a switch or router port. You will need a Power Inserter. No BSF is needed.

The BB DECA (or CCK) is just a Deca unit repackaged with a wall transformer.

The Wireless CCK is a very versatile unit. With a G or N wireless, a coax and feedthrough to another device, and an ethernet connection.

I'm using it on Wireless N as the gateway for my DECA cloud and as a DECA unit to a HR20-700. (and a BSF at the HR20 connection.)

· Icon
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clears it it some. So if I'm not putting deca devices at the non Hx24 equipment, I can leave the ethernet connected and no problems, even though the swm16 has the deca bridge?

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
You want to disconnect ethernet from Hx24 devices and run them through the coax networking as well. They don't need a DECA because that same functionality is built in.

Also, if you're trying to wire to a switch, use the Cinema Connection Kit (Broadband DECA.) The regular DECAs require an 18 volt power inserter to function that way, and those have been discontinued. You can use a 21 volt power inserter from a SWiM dish but they are really big.

· Save the Clock Tower!!
2,256 Posts
PlanetBill said:
clears it it some. So if I'm not putting deca devices at the non Hx24 equipment, I can leave the ethernet connected and no problems, even though the swm16 has the deca bridge?
You were correct, you need to isolate the DECA signal from the pre Hx24 satellite tuners. If you have receivers on one side of the SWiM-16 without DECAs, then put a BSF between the SWM out and the first splitter.

· Icon
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David Ortiz said:
You were correct, you need to isolate the DECA signal from the pre Hx24 satellite tuners. If you have receivers on one side of the SWiM-16 without DECAs, then put a BSF between the SWM out and the first splitter.
That is what I thought. The non Deca devices will be off 1 splitter, the HR24, H23 w/Deca and the Deca /wPI on the other splitter.

· Hall Of Fame
8,058 Posts
dennisj00 said:
Yes you can put a white (or new black) DECA unit off a 2 way splitter from an existing H/HR coax with the ethernet to a switch or router port. You will need a Power Inserter. No BSF is needed.

The BB DECA (or CCK) is just a Deca unit repackaged with a wall transformer.

The Wireless CCK is a very versatile unit. With a G or N wireless, a coax and feedthrough to another device, and an ethernet connection.

I'm using it on Wireless N as the gateway for my DECA cloud and as a DECA unit to a HR20-700. (and a BSF at the HR20 connection.)
This part (in red) is interesting since the coax pass-through of the W-CCK will not act as a BSF and does not block the DECA signal from the SWiM satellite input of your HR20.

I'm a little surprised you have never experienced any interference problems this way, for that configuration a BSF should be inserted between the W-CCK coax pass-through output and the satellite input of the HR20.

· Hall Of Fame
8,882 Posts
HoTat2 said:
This part (in red) is interesting since the coax pass-through of the W-CCK will not act as a BSF and does not block the DECA signal from the SWiM satellite input of your HR20.

I'm a little surprised you have never experienced any interference problems this way, for that configuration a BSF should be inserted between the W-CCK coax pass-through output and the satellite input of the HR20.
I AM using a Band-stop Filter before the input of the HR20 per VOS' recommendation.

Coax >> W-CCK >> coax pass-thru >> BSF >> HR20

· Hall Of Fame
8,058 Posts
dennisj00 said:
I AM using a Band-stop Filter before the input of the HR20 per VOS' recommendation.

Coax >> W-CCK >> coax pass-thru >> BSF >> HR20
Oh OK;

The way you worded your previous post sounded as though you were saying that the W-CCK was acting as a CCK, receiver DECA for the HR20, and BSF all at once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.