DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the difference in the DishPro Model BS1B1UP001M with blue dielectric in the connectors and the DishPro Model PN151019 with white dielectric in the connectors?

The PN151019 say assembled in USA and the BS1B1UP001M say made in China.

BS1B1UP001M

BS1B1UP001M

PN151019

PN151019

PN151019

After cracking the plastic, the actual LNBFs are VERY different inside and it is so noted by the model numbers.

Also notice the extra width of the plastic housing (as noted by the tapering) on the BS1B1UP001M as there are more electronics in the BS1B1UP001M.

A quick search on GOOGLE of the 2 numbers show both being sold on ebay as standard DP LNBFs - though again, they are very different in design.

I've asked on other sites and no one seems to know.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
HDTVFanAtic said:
Does anyone know the difference in the DishPro Model BS1B1UP001M with blue dielectric in the connectors and the DishPro Model PN151019 with white dielectric in the connectors?

The PN151019 say assembled in USA and the BS1B1UP001M say made in China.

BS1B1UP001M

BS1B1UP001M

PN151019

PN151019

PN151019

After cracking the plastic, the actual LNBFs are VERY different inside and it is so noted by the model numbers.

Also notice the extra width of the plastic housing (as noted by the tapering) on the BS1B1UP001M as there are more electronics in the BS1B1UP001M.

A quick search on GOOGLE of the 2 numbers show both being sold on ebay as standard DP LNBFs - though again, they are very different in design.

I've asked on other sites and no one seems to know.
Obivious different manufacturer. But what is it that you are trying to find out. Both should work.

Long term one or the other MAY be more reliable. In many cases over time, different versions come out and may be cheaper to manufacture but not necessarily poorer quality.

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tnsprin said:
Obivious different manufacturer. But what is it that you are trying to find out. Both should work.

Long term one or the other MAY be more reliable. In many cases over time, different versions come out and may be cheaper to manufacture but not necessarily poorer quality.
Major difference inside - in the feedhorn and the electronics.

I am trying to modify and reverse them so that they will work with a Toroidal and thus I really trying to understand why these are totally different design - not even close to the same - hoping that will give me insight of which I want to proceed with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.