DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the recent discussion regarding ST and SF, I am trying to decide what to do. I rely on SF to watch my local team (the Steelers) in HD as I am in an area of WV where I cannot pull the local HD broadcasts (usually the Steelers) via antenna. My locals are not HD as of yet on DirecTV. For the last two years, I have received SF for free. The SD broadcasts on ST are blacked out, but the HD SF broadcasts are not.

Does anyone know how this will be handled this year. If there is going to be an HD blackout, I will likely cancel the whole deal.

Thanks,
MLC

· Godfather
291 Posts
Good luck trying to figure this one out, or getting somebody from DirecTV that even understands your question. They have actually gone back and forth on this issue, as one year the HD broadcasts were blacked out as well. But as you said, if things stay like they were last year, it shouldn't be an issue. Sorry for the lack of an answer, but I don't believe you'll get an answer until the season starts and you try to tune in one of the HD games. Of course, it will then be too late to cancel out of Sunday Ticket at that time.

You could call and talk to a DirecTV CSR and see what they say. :lol:

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I wish people wouldn't draw DirecTV's attention to this because it might just be an oversight!

Seriously, what if the were suppposed to be blacking them out all along?

I worry about things like that.

· Icon
596 Posts
mlc1971law said:
With all the recent discussion regarding ST and SF, I am trying to decide what to do. I rely on SF to watch my local team (the Steelers) in HD as I am in an area of WV where I cannot pull the local HD broadcasts (usually the Steelers) via antenna. My locals are not HD as of yet on DirecTV. For the last two years, I have received SF for free. The SD broadcasts on ST are blacked out, but the HD SF broadcasts are not.

Does anyone know how this will be handled this year. If there is going to be an HD blackout, I will likely cancel the whole deal.

Thanks,
MLC
Maybe you will get lucky and get your local channels in HD before the season starts. With the new satellite about to fire up soon, your locals could be on the list to go HD?

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I am in the smallest of markets, I'm not expecting local HD anytime soon. Last year, I believe there was a specific policy to not black out the HD games. With the expansion of local HD available(me, course excluded), I fear that might not be the case this year.

MLC

· Legend
102 Posts
Bullcrap. We pay $99 for High Definition. We should get all games in HD. Especially if the local broadcast OTA is only in SD.

I notice this as well over the last couple seasons. The SD broadcast would be blacked out while the HD version was not. I always thought the blackout rules didn't apply to the SuperFan because we paid the extra $99 to see the games in HD.

· Hall Of Fame
1,010 Posts
Blackout rules apply to all games, directv has been lazy in blacking out games the past few seasons. Don't count on getting HD games that are available locally through SF. They continue to make the games available but if that were my only reason for getting SF I would not count on getting the HD games available locally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.